• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Better lucky than good!

Started by GSD102, July 27, 2007, 05:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSD102

I've always been in the woods but never owned a real rifle until Xmas 2006. That's when my wife says go pick own out at a pawn shop. So I did, with out knowing much of anything about rifles a tripped over this stainless steel barrel with synthetic furniture in a 6.55x55 caliber with some one named Kimber stamped on the side and matching #'s of some Mauser guy :confused: Sooooo hey it looks good to me, for 250$ I couldn't complain.
The fast study that I am I looked up Mauser, Swedish by the way, and what I found blew my doors off. It's THE rifle to shoot in Europe for competition and hunting. Then I looked up Kimber, and WOW again they only, well you all know :innocentwhistle:
Come to find out that a stumbled onto a free floating barrel with a target muzzle in a stainless steel custom made little slice of heaven that shoots everything from 88 gr. to 160 gr. That can group in 1/2 inch at 300 yards with custom loads.

All I can say is better lucky than good :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Sweet find for sure.
Hey welcome to the site  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

fuzz624

Sounds like you stumbled into a heck of a sweet deal.That is the thing with pawn shops.You either get a sweet deal or get screwed. :laf:

coyotehunter_1

GSD102,

Hey, :wo: I know a feller that owns a rifle exactly like that! Sweet rig indeed!  :highclap:

Welcome to FnF, my friend. :biggrin:

Chet
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Bob D

I think you stumbled onto a pretty good forum also, welcome !!
Bob

iahntr

Very nice snag !!! I keep checkin 'em, but have yet to find a super deal at any pawn shop. I know there out there, you're proof. :biggrin:
Scott

GSD102

Thanks every one. Rifle magazine and hand-loader have honored this caliber in there recent issues, pick one up(magazine) and you'll be amazed at the versatility of this little cartridge.
And weekly inspections of your local pawnshops is a must. Plus it's fun :eyebrownod: