• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Shooter - the movie

Started by Hawks Feather, July 07, 2007, 03:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

Looks like I owe Rich a rental fee.  Let me know how much it was.

Jerry

Rich

Hawks Feather,
It was a free rental.  :roflmao:
About half way through the movie, my wife asked me if I could understand anything that one actress was saying. I said No but she ain't the only one that's mumbling a lot. These young actors and actress's talk like the junior high kids of the 70's. I enjoyed the movie, but it could have been better.
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

ohiobob

Hey,I was one of those Teenagers in the 70's  :laf: I don't remember mumbling ? :wo:well on SOME Nights I may have mumbled BUT other nights I talked Clear !  :biggrin: Nah they Mumble a LOT these days,,hell to understand what they say at a CRUCIAL point in the Movie,I have to rewind it,,hit the Mute Button and then Play it so I can see in writing at the Bottom of the TV just what the hell it was that they said  :doh2:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

vvarmitr

I watched it twice last night. :biggrin: (It's just a one day rental)
CK & I enjoyed it. One thing I really liked was that it didn't seem to be anti-gun, er did I miss it? :shrug: Even w/ the documentry it wasn't anti-gun at all.
I'll be getting this in the future as a gift. You watch. :wink:

Rich

ohiobob,
Well kids your age should at least learn how to say "SAMICH" for crying out loud. Ya can't even get a job down at Burger King iffen ya can't say Samich..    :roflmao:  Lord I apologize for that right there, and please be with the starving pygmies down there in Africa.
Foxpro Field staff

Hawks Feather

Rich,

I don't know how to repay you for a fee movie, but I will keep thinking on it.

SAMICH?  Are you talking IRL?  If so, that is SAM FAN and since Hornish lives outside of Defiance (where I live) you see SAM FAN all over.

Jerry

Rich

No, no Hawks Feather !!!  Samich man SAMICH!    Ya take two slices of bread ya understand?  Now ya shove a slice of meat or something in between those to slices of bread and ya got a Samich. Oh Lord, sometimes these young whipper snappers are hard to talk with.  :roflmao:   :roflmao:    :roflmao:
Foxpro Field staff

vvarmitr

I always found it easier to lay the 2 slices of bread side-by-side & put the meat on one then put the other slice on top the meat. Can't say that I ever tried shoving meat between 2 slices.  :confused:  What burger joint did you say you worked for? :shrug:

Hawks Feather

Rich,

I love being called a young whipper snapper.  You do have me by a few years, but not many - just 7.  But I guess that did make me a 5th grader when  you were a senior in high school.  So yes, I am a young whipper snapper.

Jerry

P.S.  It is great having you here Rich.  It gives me someone OLDER to pick on.    :biggrin:

Rich

I'm glad to be here Hawks Feather, and I want to thank you for being such a good sport.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Field staff

ohiobob

Rich
I get what your saying now  :biggrin: But sometimes we put a little "HillBilly" spin on it and called it a "Slammich" and I WISH I was a young whippersnapper  :eyebrow: ahh just for a week  :biggrin: But it IS nice having ya here Rich  :congrats:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Bopeye

I just watched the movie and thought it was excellent. When he pulled up in the backwoods near Athens, Tn. and said, "Welcome to Tennessee. The Patron State of Shoot Stuff Up", I cracked up. That old man telling him about using paper around the bullet and all that reminded me of someone........... :wo: ............I won't say any names though. :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Silencer

Finally got my take of the movie and enjoyed it.  I usually dont sit and watch movies unless they're hunting vids, but this one held my attention the entire time.  :thumb2:

AWSparrows

The wife signed us up for that blockbuster movies through the mail thing and Shooter was the first movie we got.
Good movie, pretty far fetched, but good.
I was amazed by the spotter in the first part. He could tell everything from looking through a 45X Leupold spotting scope, even the speed of the trucks. My spotter was never that good.  :argh:  :iroll:

I would give my left nut to live at that place in the mountains.

cb223

Quote from: CrossJ on July 14, 2007, 01:56:52 PM
If you all enjoyed the movie, I would highly recommend the book 'Point of Impact'. I thought the movie was good, but as usual it fell way short of the book. All of Stephen Hunters books are good. Maintain

I agree!

CHAD

AWSparrows

My wife gave me Shooter today for my birthday.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

AWSparrows

Yeah, I saw it already.
It was far fetched but good.

ErictheRed

I saw it and liked it, but I also thaught it was a little far fetched.  One shot is supposed to be 1800 meters.

But, then again, I saw a guy on the outdoor channel the other day that was shooting a regular sized ballon with a 4 inch barreled .38  open sight at 200 yards.  I can see how in the world he was hitting that. :confused: