• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Rossi 223

Started by clousewt, July 24, 2007, 10:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clousewt

I bought a Rossi single shot 223, me and a friend of mine sighted it in at 50 yards. It is a sweet shooting little gun. Does anybody hunt coyotes with a similar gun? I also bought a marlin 17 HMR, it is a tack driver. Does anyone hunt coyotes with this round too?

awh

Me and Lil-man don't have a .223..... yet  :eyebrow:, but we do have a .17 HMR.

IMO if your going to hunt the yotes stick to the 223. The .17 is an accurate round but lacks in the knock down power and you might end up losing a lot of animals with it. We use our .17 for whistle pigs and smaller game. But even with the W-pigs you have to place your shot or they will crawl off.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

iahntr

Sorry, little slow on this one. :eyebrownod: I have a NEF in .204, with a Bushnell Elite 3200 on it. It shoots well, and I like it. I agree, stick to the .223 for yotes. Have fun.  Scott
Scott

browning204

The .223 is good but I like the .204 for flatness and accuracy.

which marlin .17 hmr did you get???
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

iahntr

Just to clarify, I'm not picking the .223 over the .204. ( I really like my .204) I'm agreeing with Danny, and telling clousewt to choose the .223 over the .17   :thumb2: :biggrin:
Scott

fuzz624

I also like the Rossi rifles.I have one in a 243 and it is also a great shooter.It is a little heavy but short and compact.I killed my first coyote with that little gun.I would stick to the 223 over the HMR.The HMR has its place but not in the coyote woods.It is a great little squirrel rifle though.