• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

One from today...OK, two ....no, three

Started by Arkyyoter, August 07, 2007, 09:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

Hi guys.....made some today, and finished up some others....was near 100 degrees outside, and a nice 78 in my shop  :thumb:

I seldom find a piece of antler as solid as this first one, so I wanted to do something with it...her is how it turned out...

It is tapered on the inside of the bell, and contains a JC sleeve....

This next call was a special order, it is the first call of a set...it is Copperhead acrylic, with a copper band...has a water buffalo insert which is "O" ring fitted...JC sleeve and brass JC reed tuned smooth...still needs a final polish...

Lastly is a very interesting call, also special ordered.....it is Elk antler, with a buffalo horn accent band, and bocote...it is tenon fitted, and went together nicely...it too has a JC sleeve and reed...tuned like I like 'em!! It is unfinished at this time, fact there is no finish on the wood at all...but there will be tomorrow   :biggrin:

See?? I am still alive   :shck: 

Joe

FinsnFur

Very nice Bradshaw  :yoyo:
That antler is my favorite. That thing took some polishing didnt it.
Nice work  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Joe,

Nice looking calls.  Like Jim I like the antler the best, but I also know how much sanding it took to get the Bocote that smooth.  A few coats of finish and that one is going to shine.

Jerry

bowjunkie

sweeeeettttt lookers ya gots there Joe man yer stuff sure is purty  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Coyote Dr

Joe all of the calls are nice. I too like the antler. Would you be willing to tell were you get it? I have been wanting to try and turn antler for a few weeks.

Todd Rahm

Joe they're looking good.  :congrats: I fancy that lil antler ya got there...............subtly classy.....sir.  :congrats:

keekee

I love that antler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice Joe!

Brent

Bob D

Joe,
I like those first two calls, very classy :yoyo:
Bob