• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Anyone want to help out?

Started by Bopeye, August 16, 2007, 08:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

It looks like they could use some help.........anyone game? It's happening too close to Nashville for my tastes. I don't care for the cities at all.

Coyotes A Menace In Oak Hill

Aug 2, 2007 04:54 PM CDT

OAK HILL, Tenn. -  A concern over coyotes in south Davidson County seems to only be getting worse.

At least one family pet is dead. The animal's death contributed to the death of a 60-year-old man.

Hayden Paul Griffin, 60, collapsed last weekend while trying to rescue his pet Chihuahua from the jaws of a coyote.

"There's not more than three days goes by without seeing one," Oak Hill homeowner Jeff Hunter said about the coyotes.

Hunter lives with his wife, two sons and a couple of pint-sized dogs.

"I thought it was just a wild dog," said Hunter's son, Will.

Hunter said he's seen three or four different coyotes in his neighborhood.

"You have to assume that for every one you've seen, there's probably another one," he said.

Oak Hill City Manager Bill Kraus said the coyotes are more visible because of the weather.

"When you have drought, lack of water, lack of food, the animals will become far more brazen in their abilities to go attack," Kraus said.

Oak Hill Mayor Tommy Alsup said it's a problem that needs to be fixed especially now that someone has died.

Oak Hill wants to trap and move the animals, but no one seems willing to help.

Employees at nearby Radnor Lake State Park said they can only patrol park property.

Metro Animal Control said it only captures domestic pets and the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency lacks the money and manpower to help.

"Typically, when they see a person or they see one of us they will run," Alsup said. "They do not stay around very long. They're not used to seeing us all the time."

Residents here hope coyotes do move on, but it looks like the city will have to pay to remove these predators.

Coyotes are not on the endangered list. The TWRA said the animals can be hunted year round for population control.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

ohiobob

How far is that from you Bopeye
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

DirtyDog

Bop....I am too busy to set something up....but if you find anything out, give me a call.

DirtyDog

Quote from: ohiobob on August 16, 2007, 09:54:47 PM
How far is that from you Bopeye
Bob

Bob,

That is about 20 minutes from me.

weedwalker

Where's a good place to buy some urban camo?  :eyebrow:
Sounds like a bowhunt coming up. :eyebrownod:

ohiobob

You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Bills Custom Calls

Bop I have the time to try and take care of this problem,but I would have to walk and get my lunch from the garbage cans  :laf:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Bopeye

It's probably a couple hours from me which isn't that big a deal, but I just hate crowds....... :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free