• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Misting ?

Started by Bob D, July 24, 2007, 04:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wv_yoter

Thank you Rich, Murray's lures is about ten miles up the road so I might have to try it out. I'm sure my wife is gonna love this ,she's almost immune to fox urine so I can't wait to break out the full arsenal.  :yoyo:
Jason

keekee

QuoteHere's a brief refresher course for those whose initials are keekee and anyone else who may need it.
DON'T EAT YELLOW SNOW AND DON'T SPIT INTO THE WIND.
Those are basic concepts that should be applied to misting.
In heavy cover and broken terrain where this technique is most useful, the shooter should be waaaay downwind and on the otherside of a ridge or thick cover with his muzzle covering the likely approach avenue.  If he gets a snootful of mist way out there you are using the best mister in the world or calling in a hurricane. (I did that with Brent once)

I don't need a refresher course! I have made enough stands with you that I REMEMBER!

Besides it not the down winds that's so bad its riding in the truck with you after a hard day of calling that can suck!.....lol...Only man I have ever seen that can eat a Subway sandwich or fish taco after misting all day!...lol :doh2:

Your right we did call threw a hurricane! But we sure as hell had a good time! :biggrin: And I would do it again!

Dont forget the snow storm as well!

Brent

Edit to add: Good to see you made in here Rich! I look forward to posting with you again!

Guys if you got questions about misting or Coyote vocals....... Mr Higgins is the man! :biggrin:

Nelson

Rich,

Thanks for your answers.  After reading yours and KeeKee's posts, I think I better leave my misting clothes in the shed, so I can get back in the house.   :eyebrownod:    :roflmao:    :roflmao:

Nelson

bowslinger

predator extrame did a write up on it in this month rag

wv_yoter

Rich, I saw a water bottle with a battery powered fan mounted on top at wal mart. Have you seen these before or tried them out ?
Jason

onecoyote

A what?  :confused: It even has a fan?

FinsnFur

Yeah kids use those to mist themselves with water on hot days. It's a gimmic that actually produces sales.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

J.Holly

I have tried the misting angle, and I have found that it does work, at least part of the time for me. I did go through and develop my own "blend" if you will. I am working on something that isn't straight urine.

As far as antifreeze goes, propolyene (?) gylcol works well, and should add a bit to the confusion factor.

KillerCaller!

Quote from: bowslinger on August 17, 2007, 10:10:08 AM
predator extrame did a write up on it in this month rag
They did? Who wrote it?  :shrug:

Bob D

Quote from: J.Holly on August 19, 2007, 01:00:32 PM
I have tried the misting angle, and I have found that it does work, at least part of the time for me. I did go through and develop my own "blend" if you will. I am working on something that isn't straight urine.

As far as antifreeze goes, propolyene (?) gylcol works well, and should add a bit to the confusion factor.

Would you be so kind as to share your blend with the rest of us?
Thanks,
Bob