• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Sunday evening quick stand

Started by weedwalker, October 09, 2007, 03:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

I went out Sunday for one quick stand before dark. Went just down the road to my neighbors farm. Drove around it 3 times trying to figure out with the swirling winds where to set up. I finally decided where to go and headed out. I use an MP3 player with a Cass Creek Big Horn speaker and hand calls. Where I set-up, I laid about 60 yds of wire out to my speaker and put my Predator Supreme decoy above it. It was a good looking set-up with a crosswind from right to left and enough open ground to see anything circling downwind. I started with a couple greeting howls and waited a couple minutes. Then I hit the jackrabbit distress on my MP3. After just a couple minutes, my freinds 4 horses that I thought were gated out, came running up to my set. They started biting at my decoy, then kicked my speaker around a couple times. Then one of them grabbed my speaker in its mouth and took off running with it pulling the wire out. I had to chase it a long ways down the field before it finally dropped my speaker. The speaker survived, but my stand was over. :madd:

studabaka

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Arkyyoter

Ahhhhhhhh.... :hahaha: maybe you were using the wrong sound!!!!! MUuUUHhahahahahahahahahah!!!  :wink:

Sounds like one of my stands :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

FinsnFur

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: THAT woulda been some good footage  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

Weedwalker: What's the matter, don't you like horse steaks?  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

browning204

sorry for your misfortune but that woulda been funny to watch!!!!!
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

HaMeR

Thats terrible!! :rolleye: And to think these guys are your friends the way they're laughing at this. :rolleye:

SORRY!! :roflmao: :roflmao:

I do hope you have better luck next time tho!! :wink: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

:roflmao:   :roflmao:  And I thought that kind of stuff only happened to me!

~Ace~

The Cows on one place I hunt come in ready to Attack, and will Smash whatever is making the noise... It makes things interesting to say the least. Horse is good eating  :iroll: ~Ace~

frshwtr

never called horses but deer, cow, and goats and none of them looked like they wanted to shake hands; very aggresive.