• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Ready??????

Started by keekee, October 17, 2007, 12:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

Well, I have everything ready to go! Traps boiled, dyed and waxed, some repairs made, new chains, triggers, and some new dogs, all traps checked and pan tension's checked! Made 50 new stakes and a couple hundred new cable stakes, built up and boiled all my snares.

Baits are ageing and bottled up, have ordered all my supplies and have it all here, even put some new name tags on this year and added some traps! Downier cables are done ( if we don't get some rain I'm going to haft to drown them in the sand! ) :innocentwhistle:

Only thing I got left is getting the Beaver and Otter traps ready. I got till Dec to get that done!

I'm going to hit her hard! 24 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You all READY???????????????????????????????????????????????

Brent

studabaka

Your way a head of me, but I've been thinking about it real hard  :eyebrownod: Nothing opens up hear till December.

Like your budddy said....you got the itch real bad this year ...... sounds like your given it a real good scratch  :congrats:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

I didnt see "camera" on the list though  :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

I looked at the "creek" at the back of the property that I hunt yesterday and there were some muskrat runs leading over to the banks and a little bit of water in the center.  This is after the flooding about 6 weeks ago.  Feast or famine on water around here.

Jerry

Bopeye

:confused: .........soooo are ya gonna trap something?  :wo:  :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Coulter

Our season open up here this weekend, I probably won't start setting anything until the 1st though. Blue coon and worth a crap. I don't plan to hit it as hard trapping as I normally do, I want to spend more time calling this season. But I will definitely be setting some steel and picking off a few critters that way too. I intend to enjoy the trapline and try to keep it more relaxed this year...until beaver season that is. My wife is still bugging me for that coat :iroll:

Steve

Brad H

Got a couple new skinning knives and more lure on the way. I've got permission to trap again in the same section of private I caught the cats in last year. I'll be getting into snaring this year also. I did some scouting with a calling partner a couple weeks ago and we found a high ridge line with cat turds the length of it, so I'm fixing to line it out with snares come Dec 1st.

Brad

keekee

Jim,

I will pack the camera along just for you! I even got me one of them Fancy water proof belt cases so I don't haft to worry about getting it wet! :biggrin:

We got some rain the last couple days. So we got some water flowing in the creeks here. All we had before were just a few big pools. I was looking real hard at the river, but its hard to trap due to the water drop and fall every day. So I hope the creeks fill up and stay full. Plus I haft to walk the river line, that's allot of miles in a season!

Stu,

Its like It was when I was a kid! Its been several  years sense I got back into trapping like this. Brings out my youth again I guess and will be a good break for me this season. I am look forward to this season, and being back out there every morning at daylight running traps, fresh air, nature and I guess part of it being just some time to myself as well. Its been a rough couple years working and under allot of pressure. It will be a good break for sure!

Brad,

Sounds like you got a line on those cats! I look forward to the pic's! I haft to go to KY to trap cats and its just to far to drive to run the line. But, I got a friend that has a cabin over there, he invited me out to stay anytime. I have called a few cats off that place. I might just take a long weekend late season and run a few traps in there.

Steve,

I cant blame you there. I will be shooting a few as well, I hope. Our Grey Fox seen to have done well this year, I have seem a few more than normal. I plan to get out and do some night calling again, something I have not done in a few years do to running the cameras. I got a couple nice farms lined up with some good fox sign both Greys and Reds and a few Coyotes as well. Should be fun.

Brent

DirtyDog

I may just have to pass this year. I wanted to learn how to.....but don't think I will manage to get everything bought this year. I may tag along with one of you fellas at some point if'n ya don't mind............

Quoteif'n
Man.....I have only lived in the South one year........ :roflmao:

Drifter

Not near ready yet but still got 2 weeks LOL . Did I mention I am a great procrastinator ?

Drifter

keekee

QuoteI may just have to pass this year. I wanted to learn how to.....but don't think I will manage to get everything bought this year. I may tag along with one of you fellas at some point if'n ya don't mind............

You know your welcome here, we can run the line and even have time to make a few eve stands as well!

Brent