• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Lookin' for input...

Started by Arkyyoter, October 22, 2007, 09:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

Guys....lookin' to make the best pup distress call I can make...please listen to the sound file below, and tell me what you think I can do to improve it... whether in the sequence or in the call...

http://www.arkyyoter.net/Sounds/arkypup1.wav

Thanks for your help!!

Joe

Brad H

I think it sounds pretty good Joe. I can't think of it could be improved at all. What type of call is being used on this one?

I may throw something together along the line of a pup distress call to send your way. Nothing pretty, but something different that you could use as reference.

Brad

Arkyyoter

Brad....it is one of my KatKaller tone boards....thanks for your input!! I want to be as good as I can be....I realize there will always be some better than our best, but we each need to be as good as we can be. I would be most happy to listen to whatever you have in order fo me to to improve....thanks again for your input!!!!

It seems it is getting harder and harder to get a critque...folks are hesitant to say much, owing to the constant threat of bombardment/contradiction from one of the the "Experts"...

Joe

ninthinning

Sounds very realistic.  I appreciate your online predator hunting sounds.  Wish I could figure out my FX3 so I could use some of these fine recordings.  Thanks for sharing.
9th
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

Jimmie in Ky

Don't change a thing Joe. I think you have a winner there. That one should also do grey fox distress very well too. Jimmie

Bob D

I think you nailed it Joe !
Bob

FinsnFur

Quote from: Arkyyoter on October 22, 2007, 12:45:48 PM

It seems it is getting harder and harder to get a critque...folks are hesitant to say much, owing to the constant threat of bombardment/contradiction from one of the the "Experts"...

Joe

:holdon: :holdon: I dont want this place to be like that  :nono:
Too many other boards that way.
We've posted it over and over...and we'll just have to keep posting it...No Canned Praise

If you dont have it in you to tell someone you dont like the sound or the call they have posted, then dont reply  :shrug:
If you do,  then be honest with them, tell em it sounds like crap, or what you don't like about it.

I want everyone to speak honestly when asked for feedback. I dont like that Captian Kangaroo crap, he touch my but I touch his bullshit.

Let predator masters play that garbage.

Predator masters and moms, are two sure ways to get absolute positive feedback.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Ladobe

Sounds like crap Joe.   I know you can do better.
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

frshwtr

tried this before; guess i didnt get something right. i had posted about a grey fox in distress call but not a recording. was told to practice and been doing that, cant get the growels i want to go with the rest.  well your version sounds pretty much like mine but do you think you could do something to get some growels in it. i understand its a tone board from your cat killer (not the national athem ) but are you putting it in a different body or still useing the body from the cat  killer. would be interested in hearing the finished product and if you are going to be selling them.

Jimmie in Ky

Nothing wrong with it. He is constantly changing th rythem and the pitch is good. The sound will work like gangbusters in My opinion.

Freshwater, you evidently can't get private messages yet. Treat your calls as if they  were musical instruments and play around with diferent ways of blowing them. To get that growl sound just hum into it like a Kazoo. Do that growl in your throat and blow at the same time. It's a lot easier than you think.  :eyebrownod: Jimmie

FinsnFur

frshwtr, if your having problems with your pm's let me know.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com