• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Wolves in the North East

Started by Bills Custom Calls, October 22, 2007, 04:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

securpro

Interesting story, I took my kids to the cincinnati zoo yesterday for HALZOOWEEN and visited the wolf habitat and soon learned that these particular wolves (12 or so)had been born in mexico in May'07 and all of them had some kind of sickness and were brought to cincinnati for rehabilitation, they are all fine now and are supposed to be released back into the wild at 8 months of age. They are to be released on a wildlife preserve in New York .I took some pics of them while viisiting and will try to post them if I can figure out how. :wo: Sounds to me like they (DFWR) are trying to reintroduce wolves into the northeast.
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

MI VHNTR

If the wolves are released in NY, get ready to see the deer herd take a real beating. The deer herd here has dropped quite a bit since the MI DNR, aka Dept  of No Reason, released the eating/killing machines here. MI VHNTR
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

vvarmitr

Believe it or not Bill there was a confirmed wolf kill here in Tusc' County.  :shck:  A man shot when it was attacking his horse.  :argh: Never heard anything in the paper though. :wo:  The man's wife told me about it. I know the woman & she ain't the liar type.  The DNR said it was probably a pet that got away.

Wolves are on my endangered list too. If I see one you can sure bet he's en danger! :sarcas3:

Securpro: you could be a hero to thousands of New York hunters if you go there at feeding time & drop a grenade on 'em.  :sneer:

MI VHNTR

Quote from: vvarmitr on October 23, 2007, 11:45:51 AM
The DNR said it was probably a pet that got away.

The MI DNR uses this "reason" to cover up all of the cougar sightings here too. It must be a great way to conceal what they are doing. You sure have to wonder how and why so many  "pets" have escaped from their owners .  I mean, doesn't eveyone have a cougar, or a wolf, for a pet?  :wo:   MI VHNTR
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

securpro

Wolf pics from cincinnati zoo as promised. (these are the wolves that are to be released in New York)

securpro
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

vvarmitr

Sure look like coyotes to me.  :shrug:  :eyebrow: 

Good place to have an AR. :sneer:

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11