• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

First two of the year...

Started by Purgatory_Predator_Calls, November 14, 2007, 08:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Well now that my archery season has come to a close  :pout: I figured I'd better get after some coyotes.  I didn't have any big plans today so after catching up on a few things around the house I figured I'd put those good tires and $3.35 a gallon diesel to good use.  I left the house at exactly noon heading to some public land that I had some success on last year.  I got on stand facing due east at around 12:30 or so.  I approached my stand from down wind.  The wind was really whipping gusting to what I would guess 20-25mph.  My stand overlooked a wide shallow valley that had a wet year creek running from south to north in it.  The creek was pretty sparse only vegitated with typical short grass prairie vegitation and the ocassional tamirack. 

I had just enough time to sit down and put my sticks in the ground when at 150 yards to the east northeast I see a coyote mousing in the shortgrass.  Now keep in mind I JUST sat down.  I had my back against a big yuca plant to break up my outline.  Anyhow, I tried to range the yote but could not find him in the finder.  I look through my scope and there he was still mousing.  So I hit the call with a soft Wha Whaaa.  But the wind was to strong and he didn't even look my way.  So I put a little more behind it,

Whaaa wha whaaaaa

And here he comes.  I lift my eye above the scope to see his approach and bygod if he's not picked up a buddy along the way.  So there I am all heart pounding and trying to get lined up to where I want to stop them, and there they are all running there little furry hearts out trying to get something in there belly other than prickly pears.  As soon as they comit I quit calling and they keep coming.  At 100 or so yards they slowed to a stop and are not standing facing directly towards me not 10 feet apart.  The lead dog looked to be the biggest and most furred up so I settle the target dot on my .243 on her chest and squeezed off the hear the tell tale THUD!  I look over my scope and see the dog plowing nose first into the dirt trying with all her might to get her front legs under her. 

In the meantime the second dog's like,

"Hey, what....... hmmm....... dude you ok?"

And she hasen't taken a step she's just watching the lead dog do the floppy fish.  So settle the crosshares on between her neck and the crook of her right front shoulder and let another one fly.  Again only to hear the tell tale THUD!  I looked over the scope and there not 50' away are the first two dogs of the year range found at 113 yards from my location. 

Sorry the pics a bit off but the phone on my camera was all I had, and I had a heck of a time propping it up on the window sill of the ole dodge.

Later guys, and thanks for reading!

Joey Gacnik

When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

wv_yoter

Those are some good looking yotes Joey. Your having a hell of a year it looks like, good story too. :yoyo:
Jason

Hawks Feather

Yoey,

All I can say is look out fish.  First there was an Elk, yesterday a Deer, and today two Coyotes.  You fish are sure to be next.  Mrs. Yoey has her fillet knife all ready to go.   :biggrin:

Yerry

possumal

Great story, good results. Congrats! :yoyo: :yoyo:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

:yoyo: :yoyo: Saaaaa Weeeeet!
I'm a little disgusted with the short sleeves though  :iroll:
I had three sweat shirts and a insulated carhart jacket on today
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

J.I.M. 

The only reason I had a short sleeve shirt on in the pic is because I just got done lugging those two yotes back to the pickup. LOL  A good 1/3 mile walk...

LOL high tomorrow is supposed to be 60.  We'll see if we can line up anything tomorrow.

Yoey

Bygog!

keekee

Nice dude!  You also have a package in the mail!

Brent

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

:biggrin:

Brent,

I can't freakin wait!

:fingerx:  I hope it gets here before the weekend!

Joey

Bygog!

studabaka

Man Joey, You tell a swet story and shoot even better  ;yes; Keep em coming  :congrats: :congrats:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Arkyyoter