• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

3rd dog

Started by ilcoyote, November 11, 2007, 08:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilcoyote

We headed to a spot that we haven't called in yrs. The wind was really blowing this morning so we split up and I took a spot next to a very weedy field. Stan set up in a slew in a bean field. We just got done howling when I looked over to my left. There was a nice sized dog standing there looking at me. Never saw or heard it come through the weeds. So we left and went to another area and did our stuff. We were watching all the bucks chasing does when this pretty female showed up. Slug season starts this weekend so we will be side lined for a while.

FinsnFur

You haven't changed a bit since I saw ya in person at the LBL :laf:

Nice looking yote.
You DO KNOW that I'm going to be finding the time to make a trip down there dont ya?  :eyebrownod: Watch yourself.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

You seem to be making a habit (good one I might add) of shooting coyotes.   :biggrin:

Jerry

KySongDog

Very nice, ilcoyote!

Hey, when does your coyote huntin school start?  I wanna sign up!   :biggrin:

Semp

Jeb

Sign me up under Semps name please  :biggrin:  . Yall have gotten off to a great start it seems.  Btw how long does your slug gun season last for deer ?
                  Jeb

ilcoyote

slug season runs from friday tell sunday. then for a week you wont be able to find nothing. Hell house dogs and cats are afriad to come out. It is a ZOO!! but from what we have found and have heard that we got hit with blue tongue bad and losts of bucks have die.
Sorry no school

Jeb

Just curious what part of IL. you from ? I have some buddies that go up to Vienna and Mount Vernon every year. How far is that blue tongue problem ?
                Jeb

Arkyyoter

slagmaker

Nice job!! Keep the pics commiing

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Jimmie in Ky

Our deer season started last saturday, I don't think Illinois has anything over on us in th zoo department  :wink: I have been working at a Taxidermist shop/proccesing center since saturday morning. I now realize why things go bust for us here for a few weeks afterward too. My backyard group lost both th male and female saturday morning as well as one of the pups. They were killed not five hundred yards from my fenceline.113 deer checked in with us so far and reports of at least 20 coyotes killed. Several reports of multiple kills saturday alone. I think the taking of one or more of the alpha pair is throwing the rest of the group into confusion trying to keep the territory under control.

The buck I have been watching for weeks got killed on his way to my place saturday afternoon by the same neighbor that shot the 3 coyotes. 8 points, will score somewhere around the 170 mark and weighed in at 195  :rolleye: I guess I will have to setlle for a fat doe if I get the chance to get out before the circus leaves town. Jimmie

ilcoyote

we are between mount vernon and veinna.  Blue tongue seems to be in three countie right now, Perry, jackson, randolf. perry county got hit the hardest. I know my damn bean eaters are doing find which that is comeing to a end.

keekee

Same here we got hit with it hard to. I can see a big diffrence in the amount of deer I have seen and also it seemed to target the older deer! Thats hurt our 130 class bucks and over.

Jimmie,

170" Eight point is a world class deer! Not many shot that size anymore at just a 8 points. You didnt happen to grab a pic of that bad boy did ya? I sure would like to have a look at that one!  They killed a 179" 8 point here just down from the house and man that dude was bad to the bone!

Brent

Jimmie in Ky

If I can sort it out of th stack I can get a pic I think.  did get one on my phone of another around the same size range with an extra sticker about ten inches long sticking out in front of the right brow tine. He was still on the trailer for a size comparison. I believe both bucks will surely top 160 . One has more mass but th other has a lot of length in his tines.I need to get a jack to hook my cell to the puter and get that one off. There were a bunch of 140 plus animals taken in. You would of thought we were in Illinois  :biggrin: We will be measuring them for score as soon as we get some time from processing all the animals coming in. We are caping everything with an antler on it .We should get that batch done just in time to start all over again this weekend  :rolleye:

I have also heard of one field dressed weight of 230 from the next county but haven't seen it myself. Jimmie

ilcoyote

Jim I dont know if you are asking me about a big buck?? incased you are yes there was a boy from percy which is on the line of perry and randolf that bow shot a monster! live weight was 300lbs and it dress over 260 and one hell of nice rack. I thank they said it will score high 190 I haven'tgot to see a pic yet when I do I will post it.

UnleashedFury

Nice work man keep it up ... hope the rest of you season goes as well  :yoyo: