• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Be careful in the LBL thi time of year.

Started by hammeryotes, December 21, 2007, 11:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammeryotes

Here's what happened to me last Feb. in the LBL. :madd:  The hole was iced over with a skiff of snow on top.  I had no idea what lied beneath.  Worse yet I had my 2 1/2 year old son with me.  We found plenty of yotes, but all were on the two mile hike back to some help.  The cab filled half up with water and caused a real mess.  My boy thought the whole ordeal was awesome. :doh2:
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s40/hammeryotes/HPIM1068.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s40/hammeryotes/HPIM1069.jpg

DirtyDog

Man does that suck....glad everything worked out ok, and I bet your wife was very pleased with you.  :eyebrow:

LBLDOG

man,hammeryotes that picture looks bad , very bad. I guess you had to bring someone to pull you out of that one! I have a jeep and I would have been swimming.  :hahaha:

KySongDog

Don't know what road you were on but I'm guessing it was one of those "3xx" dotted line roads on the map.  They are pretty rough even in dry weather.  It is easy to get high centered in ruts even when dry. (don't ask me how I know this  :biggrin: )

A winch on the front of your truck would've helped but ya would've needed scuba gear to get to it!   :shck:

FinsnFur

COOOOOOOOOOL! :yoyo:

That looks like some of the bogs we used to LOOK for when we did one of our 4 wheel rallys.  :eyebrownod:
I know...not exactly what you had in mind at the time right?  :laf:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

securpro

Hey, that hole looks familiar to me  :confused: Is that the one on rd. 308 ? Me and kiote got stuck in that one last year.  :madd: :shck: shoulda stuck it first  :doh2: I know we will from now on !!! Would be kinda scary with a 2 1/2 yr. old , hope you made it out ok.
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

Jimmie in Ky

One of th things I do stress is that everyone pay attention to what the maps say. If it says that road may be imassible, believe it!! There is a lot of damage to the roads up there this year in many areas. From trees in the road to washouts.

And anybody driving 308 deserves what they get. I am tempted to stock that hole for a private fishing pond  :eyebrownod: Jimmie

securpro

QuoteI am tempted to stock that hole for a private fishing pond  :eyebrownod: Jimmie

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

DGF

Was out there this morning and seen alot of dead trees blocking some roads due to the high winds this weekend.

Jimmie in Ky

I figure if I get to go this week I will need a saw to get around. Helped a neighbor break down a large red oak this afternoon. Going to manage getting some lumber out of it as well. I have been driving around some trees up there already that had been cut in two enough to get a vehicle through. Jimmie