• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A few firsts for Bow and I...

Started by Smith, December 02, 2007, 07:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

This afternoon after church Bow and I decided to mke a stand after we checked some water tanks. We went to a spot where we had luck calling in a owl the last time we were there :eyebrownod: . We got set up and I turned on the W.T. and started with some howls. It wasn't a minute later and Bow said " dad here comes a coyote" :yoyo: . This is the first time he has actually got to see one come in, about 2 seconds later another came over the hill as well. They were both fighting mad, barking and howling. I put one down but was unable to get a shot on the other .

This was a first as well for me as it was the first yote I got to take with my AR and the first coyote I took with a Midway dogtown bullet. :highclap:

Bow was more pumped than I was and I think I got him hooked on calling now...

Me and my boy...

Bow wanted me to post a picture of his first rabbit too :yoyo: :highclap: :congrats:. So here it is as well...

He shot the rabbit the other day, it was his first rabbit. He shot it with a little Henry rifle, He made a 30 yard shot on it. He shot one right before we got this one, but we couldn't get it out of its hole after he shot it  :doh2:.

Lucas

Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...

wv_yoter

Thats really cool. Congratulations to both. :congrats:
Jason

CCP

Bow that is a nice lookin rabbit and glad to hear you are hooked on coyote hunting now. I bet you all are hooked on the AR now. :wink:  How did the dogtown bullets perform? Exit? No exit?

I am a little jealous of both of you. Not only did you all kill a coyote but that is one heck of a view you got there.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

MaMa's ...... let your babies........ grow up to be cowboys

A'hm loving it  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jeb

Congrats to you both !!  :highclap: :highclap:
                  Jeb

Hawks Feather

Bow,

I think you have to be a better shot to hit something the size of a rabbit than it does to hit something the size of a coyote, so that makes you a better shot than your dad.  Don't tease him about it too much or he might forget to take you the next time.   :shck:

Lucas,

Great thing you did there.

Jerry

tnsniper

Good job, Bow & dad always remember aim small. That is some good looking country in the back ground it looks like it would hold a yote or two. :laf:

songdog

Nice pics... congrats to you both coyotes and rabbit.. :congrats:

HaMeR

Cool story & pics!! It's great to see the younguns out carrying on the tradition!! Congrats to both!! :congrats: :congrats:

Oops!! I used to like that song ^^^^. :rolleye:

:roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Smith

Thanks guys for your comments, Bow also says thanks :yoyo:.

CCP   those midways blew a good size hole in her. 200 yard shot broadside, passed through :shrug:. I am gonna keep using them though.

Lucas
Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...

keekee

MELSDAD

Way to go smith, we have to keep them kids interested in the outdoors.

vvarmitr

Hey Smith, the boy wasn't the decoy was he w/ that fur hat on.  :huh:

Speakin' of hats ... all that's missin' in that rabbit pix is a Tom Mix Stetson & he'd look like an up & coming John Wayne w/ those chaps & levergun. :wink:

kyotebuster

Silencer

:yoyo:  That's the way to do it right there, congrats  :congrats: