• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Anyone from Colorado.

Started by fuzz624, December 30, 2007, 11:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzz624

Hey guys.I am looking into a job out there and was wondering if you guys can tell me what it takes to earn a decent living out there.I know what the cost of living is like here in ohio but have no clue what its like there.I have always dreamed about living near the rocky mountains but never thought i would get a chance.The place is located in Norwood CO.Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hawks Feather

My daughter and her husband lived in Colorado Springs for a year and she is here right now so I just asked her.  She said she couldn't really think of a percentage, but that most things cost more there than here.  They were in Louisville, KY prior to going to CO and she said rent was about the same in both places ($750 for an average small house - higher than here), gas prices were only slightly higher, but where she really noticed the difference was in grocery items which she said were quite a bit higher. 

Sorry I couldn't be more help,

Jerry

bowjunkie

Norwood is GREAT hunting but a small town for sure Grand Junction is about an hr and a half away unless your going inta the uranium field or gas theres not alot of work there but the hunting is FANTASTIC  cedars and pines not alot of coyote hunting pressure either .... oh did I mention the HUNTING IS GREAT  :biggrin:

bowjunkie

oh ya there paying $20 + for gas field workers Uranium is just gettin started back up so wages ain't set yet .. and the local Arby's is startin there new hires at $10"heard this on the radio the other day" grub ain't cheap but thats the price ya pay to live here

ps the hunting is very good  :wink:

Hawks Feather

Hey Bow,

Is there any hunting out there in CO?       :yahoo:

Jerry

fuzz624

Thanks for the help guys.I am checking into a job in Norwood.It is a wood shop where they make custom doors,trim,and flooring.They are looking for an experienced moulder operator,and i happen to be one.The guy sayes that he will pay competitive wages.I am just trying to figure out what it takes to make a decent living out there.Bow,what all is there to hunt in the Norwood area and is there much public land in the area?Thanks again guys.

FinsnFur

Ah man I thought you were gonna say your were hooking up with Arby's for 10 bucks an hour  :nono:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Working at Arby's might actually be a good thing.  I think the smell of Roast Beef might be a great cover scent and could even act as a lure.   :wink:

Jerry

bowjunkie

well fuzz what do ya want to hunt lets see for several yrs the national prarie dog hunt was there , a friend  of mine killed a 360 class bull not real far from there a couple yrs ago ,some huge mulies can be found close as well as turkey, mtn lion ,bear, desert bighorn (good luck gettin a tag)... oh ya there might be a coyote or 30000000 there  :roflmao: some good fishing not to far off population of Norwood can't be more than a couple thousand  :wo: been a while since I was there though ...yup theres a fair amount of public land around ...I would ask what there idea of competitive wage was since its a ways from a big town ...like I said the gas and oil industry is sucking up labor like a sponge that was in the Sahara for a few yrs lol.so wages need to be good gas there will prolly be in the $3 dollar range and you will have to plan on food at least a couple weeks ahead as its a ways to Grand Junction or Montrose theres some great gold panning close by to ...as the crow flies its prolly about 40 or 50 miles from me but driving is gonna take a couple hrs on a good day  :wink:

if ya want more info pm me yer # and I'll give ya a jingle

Ed

fuzz624

Well Bow,you make it sund like heaven for me and hell for my wife.It looks like i will have to wait a little buit and if everything goes right,i will just make a trip out there and see for myself.Thanks for the info Bowjunkie.

Fuzz