• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Howling for yotes??

Started by hammeryotes, December 27, 2007, 01:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Bopeye:  Nelson may have pulled that off o.k., but if you decide to try it, I'd suggest you be awfully careful in that area for a long time if nature's urge forces you into the bushes.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

coyotehunter_1

Quote from: Bopeye on December 28, 2007, 10:18:16 AM
That's awesome Nelson :roflmao: ..........I know a few spots to go and do that...... :eyebrownod:

Geeeeee... Thanks Nelson. :iroll: Now I'll have to watch Bop or else he'll be "marking his territory" on my truck tires  :doh2:

:roflmao:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

HaMeR

:roflmao: :roflmao:  @ ^^^^!!

Who says an old dog can't learn a new trick from a litter of pups!! :roflmao: :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

Wow!  This thread got hijacked but good.   It started out talking about coyote howling and ends up taking a leak in the road.  :shrug:

Bopeye

Yeah..........well........I suppose that's my fault Semp. I'm sorry 'bout that.  :innocentwhistle: Just go back to my earlier suggestion and read it two or three times. It'll make it all new again.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Nelson

Hamer,
My answer to your question is, I don't know.  Deer season will be over in a couple of weeks,
and I'll give it a try if I find more fresh scratch marks.   :eyebrownod:

Nelson

HaMeR

Cool!!  It would be interesting to know!!  Thanks!! :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Jimmie in Ky

Wait fellas, Not to far high jacked. This line of thought made me remember soemthing either Rich Higgins or someone else once said. They used coyote urine on top of the scent post already there just like another coyote had done it. Used a stick to make new marks on the ground. Then went back after doing this and howled up the critter. The theory was that th original animal would stick around to see who was trying to take over his territory. Never tried it myself, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Thing is leanring to find these and recognize them on a regular basis. But it would be an excellent cure for a problem animal if it was call shy to prey sounds.

This idea works aolong the same lines as a trappers scent post set.  Jimmie

HaMeR

Thanks Jimmie!!  I need all the help I can get too!! :eyebrow:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

keekee

QuoteThis idea works aolong the same lines as a trappers scent post set.  Jimmie

Yes, you are right on that point but dont forget that the Coyotes know that it human scent. Hands down! I dont know so much that they hang around the area but more of it may be more inside there core area.

Brent

Jimmie in Ky

Do you remember who it was that used this tactic with coyote urine Keekee? I ca't for the life of me. They mentioned it about th same time I was discussing down wind calling with Ed sceery. It's been a few years. They mentioned it as a possible help to a problem I was having. Jimmie

keekee

QuoteDo you remember who it was that used this tactic with coyote urine Keekee?

I have no idea. To much has happend in to much time gone by for me.

Brent

KillerCaller!

Howling, for me, is fun
It works when other calls don't
Canine distress, pup or adult, is certainly a vocalization
Doing things to get coyotes any way you can, within reason, is exciting
TA is from The Gopher State

Omega47

Quote from: Jimmie in Ky on December 29, 2007, 08:57:14 PM
Do you remember who it was that used this tactic with coyote urine Keekee? I ca't for the life of me. They mentioned it about th same time I was discussing down wind calling with Ed sceery. It's been a few years. They mentioned it as a possible help to a problem I was having. Jimmie

Darrell Holland mentions using coyote urine in his DVD set, probably about 10 years old.  There is one brand in particular he recommended as havnig the best results with, but I can't remember offhand who made it.

Jimmie in Ky

Never met or heard of Mr Holland. But there are dozens of old coyote men out there that knew a pot load of things we are having to learn on our own. And very few of those men have been on the internet. Some are alreeady gone and I for one miss the knowledge they took with them.  And it was about ten years ago I was discussing such things with some of those men on the net. They helped me a great deal in understanding what I was seeing in the field. I thank those men for what they had to teach me. Jimmie