• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Southwest Ohio This Morning!

Started by finhunter, January 10, 2008, 09:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finhunter

Well, What do ya do when you get laid off?
I went yote killin. A couple days ago I was deer hunting and saw a good size coyote cross behind me. I was bow hunting and
didn't have a good shot. This morning I had to make a decision. Go deer hunting or go coyote hunting. Well, you can see what I did. I set up my Johnny Stewart remote call on one side of a ravine where I saw the coyote the other day. I was set up about 75 yards away up the hill on the other side of the ravine. It was still dark, so I pumped up my blood sugar with some dehydrated fruit and nuts that I carry with me and a swig of water. It started getting light out so I got my gun in position and was about to start calling when I saw a dark shadow com over the top of the hill on the other side above the call. I thought, no way! I didn't even make a sound. The Dawg walks right up about 5 feet from the remote call and stops. It started to move again and I barked. It looked up at me and I sacked it with a .223 hollow point right behind the shoulder. She ran about 100 yards and dropped. I also included a picture of the most awesome lanyard made by DirtyDog.

FinHunter

" I've spent most of my life hunting and fishing. The rest of the time was just wasted."

wv_yoter

Wow, you never made a sound and she came right in.That's pretty good finhunter  :congrats:
Jason

HaMeR

It don't get no better than that now does it??!! :biggrin:  Congrats!! :congrats: :congrats:

Nice lookin coyote with that black spine running clear to the big tip on her tail!! She looks heavy as well. :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

DirtyDog

Nice work!!!!!!

That is a good lookin yote there.  :yoyo:

Man that is a good lookin lanyard......where did ya get that from?  :biggrin:

Smith

Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...

possumal

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

keekee

Hawks Feather

FinsnFur

Nice job finhunter.
Yeah I heard that about those JS Callers....the coyotes just walk right up to em...on or off.  :laf:

Boy would Gerald love this thread ey guys?  :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

vvarmitr

WOW! What a story!   :eyebrow:
I've heard of people just that good! :laf:

Jeb

Wow, great job !! Wish you would come to Ga. and show me how you do that !!!  :highclap: :highclap:
                              Jeb :biggrin:

bigben

dang she looks heavy around the gut.  nice coyote. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

songdog

Nice yote and lanyard... Sometimes its for the best when you get laid off... :congrats:

kyfuzzyface

Fuzzy