• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

4 stands this morning....

Started by Arkyyoter, January 19, 2008, 09:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

Ran up and got with Greg this morning for 4 stands...had to get back home so we made it quick. I met Greg at Ft Smith and we drove over near Spiro, OK

First stand we get a double coming quick....I didn't see the lead coyote and was watching the other one at about 150 yards...about that time I see one come out of a low area 50 - 60 yards to my left......he is zeroed on the decoy and ain't stopping. Just about the time I am going to pull the trigger, he stutter-steps, throwing my swing out of sync, as I reacquire my sight picture and begin the squeeze, he starts hard forward again....shot takes him about 4 inches too far behind the forleg. He makes about a 200 yard run and piles up. The other coyote gets away.

The second and third stand are dry. On the fourth stand we call up a cat. He is in a blackberry thicket and tough to see. Greg makes an excellent head shot at about 50 -60 yards, cat is drt.

It was a fun morning with good company....

The OPHA is hard to read, but it is on the back of a Sonic sack......class eh???

The guys on the OK site are having a little pre-hunt, hunt for fun.....that is why the Sonic Sack.....

Joe

FinsnFur

WOW, that is either a really red coyote or an awful dark cat. Kinda cool looking.

None the less, nice job  :congrats: Thanks for bringing em in.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Arkyyoter

Thanks guys......yessir...the coyote was very red, there are a lot of that reddish color coyotes in this area.

The cat was a dingy grey and not very pretty.....

Joe

Brad H

Nice Joe! Great efficiency too!!

Brad

vvarmitr

WTG Joe!  :congrats:

Real nice looking piece of property  .... lake, logcabin, etc.  Is that home? :shrug:

coyotehunter_1

Joe...
:congrats: :highclap: :yoyo: :biggrin: :wink: :yahoo: ;yes; :thumb2:

Now that's a cool pic.

Good way to recycle a Sonic sack  :wink: :roflmao:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Arkyyoter

Thanks guys.....no Sir, not my home. That is my friend's in laws place... There are two cabins there, one of which was a stage coach stop in the 1840s...they numbered the pieces, took them apart and reassembled them on their property...they are really neat!!!

Joe