• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Thanks for the prayers

Started by Hawks Feather, February 01, 2008, 01:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

On Monday (01/28) we got a call that Toby was having problems and had been taken to Goshen hospital via an ambulance from the doctor's office.  After being checked for a couple of hours at Goshen, he then went to South Bend's hospital, where he again had a short stay before being transported to Riley's Children's Hospital in Indianapolis.  They found that he had Coarctation of the Aorta (CoA) and was needing surgery as soon as possible.  He was put on the "emergency" list and had surgery on Tuesday evening.  Poor little boy looked like a pin cushion with all the needles.  The surgeon cut out the narrowed section of the aorta and then sewed the two ends back together.  Sounds so simple doesn't it?  The surgery went well and Toby is in the ICU at Indy.  They are slowly weaning him off all of his tubes and medications and mid-morning today they removed the breathing tube and he is breathing on his own.  I don't know for sure how long he will be at Indy, but the estimate given was a minimum of 10 days and it could be 14 – that is with the assumption that there are no complications.  I am back in Defiance and have Toby's sister here.  We will be headed back to Indy to take Lily to visit her parents and Toby some time next week.

I want to thank Whitehare for posting the updates that Angie sent out.  I did get to check my email a couple of times, but basically just read them and headed back to Toby's room.  I have LOTS of catching up to do on the site.

Thanks again for the prayers,

Jerry

Troy Walter

Glad to hear he is doing good,he will be in are prayers.Becareful driving back to Indy the roads must be bad in your area

HaMeR

:highclap: :highclap: :congrats: :congrats: :yahoo: :yahoo: :thumb2: :thumb2: :yahoo: :thumb2: :thumb2: :yahoo:

I almost feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders as well Jerry!! That is wonderful news!! Diane will be tickled to hear this. I could see her eyes watering a bit when I 1st told her about all this. Thanks for the update & your entire Family is still with us until Toby is cleared for good!! Let em all know we care too!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Good news Jerry. Thanks for the update.
Bless the poor little guy
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Nelson

Great news!! Glad to hear everything is going ok.

Nelson

Coulter

Thats great news that Toby is doing okay...I'm sure he'll be driving his parents nuts before they know it. :biggrin:

Oh - by the way, that secret oath is still in effect :readthis: :readthis:

Steve

QuoteWhile you were gone all members of FnF had to take a secret oath not to tell anyone what they missed.  I wish we could help you out, but the oath had some drastic penalties for telling.   

Jerry

HaMeR

Sorry Steve. But I think Toby will trump the oath!!  :shrug:  Maybe not but that's how I see it.  :shrug:

:laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Steve,
Thanks for making me smile.

Glen,
I think you are right.

Jerry

iahntr

Glad to hear it Jerry !
Prayers still comin from Iowa.
Scott
Scott

possumal

Here's another one on the prayer train, Jerry.  The little fellow is in our prayers at my house.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Coulter

Anytime Jerry...

QuoteGlen,
I think you are right.

Glenn - I bet your wife never said that to ya before. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Steve

HaMeR

She told me she THOUGHT I was right once.  :wink:  But later overruled that one too.  :doh2:

:laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

canine

Great news Jerry.... :congrats:

Glad to hear things are goin well!

Take Care
JD

NASA

Glad to hear that Toby is recovering and things are going ok.   :bowingsmilie:

ohiobob

Jerry
God Bless Toby, you and the ENTIRE Family, and things WILL be OK
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

straycat

Yerry, glad to hear the little feller is doing better.Alot of us were wondering about him at the LBL. Tell the youngin we are all pulling for him !
Best of wishes to you and yours. If theres anything I can do for ya let me know. Joel
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Varmitdave

He is still on the prayer list.

David  aka  Varmit Dave   APHA

Yotehntr

:yahoo: Jerry that's great news!!!  :yahoo: We'll  keep Toby in our prayers at my house.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink: