• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

? about AR's in 204

Started by topdawg, February 14, 2008, 11:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdawg

I am thinking about getting a AR in a 204 cal. I don't no much about them and was wondering about different makers and prices. So here is my question, for the money what would be a good choice of AR in 204 cal. for hunting coyotes..and my next question is can u convert a .223 AR into a .204?

Thanks for the info
                                  Topdawg
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

Kuipdog

I like the .204, good round and very accurate even in an AR. I tend to stick with the .223, but if you really want loooong range look into a 6.8 spc or 6.5 grendel. You can switch and AR you have now to a .204 just by changing the upper, its pretty easy. Pop a couple pins and thats about it.

wilded

Remingtons R-15 designed by Byron South for coyote hunting will be out next month in both .204 and .223  :yoyo:
Make time for the important things in life
http://wildedtx.blogspot.com/

topdawg

What are some of the other good brands. Just want to do some looking around, but dont no good made ar's for bad.
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

wilded

Bushmaster, Colt and DPMS.  There are a lot of good custom builders out there also. Go to AR15.com and read up.  :biggrin:
Make time for the important things in life
http://wildedtx.blogspot.com/

fuzz624

There are alot of good Ar 15s out there.Just make sure it has a free floated heavy barrel.

topdawg

How much should i be looking at paying for a decent AR for coyote hunting....I don't wont the cheapest but i don't wont to pay a whole lot eather  :shrug:

fuzz624

Your best bet would probally be to build your own.It is not hard if you know what your doing.Consider that a standard AR is going to run around 800.00 and that is without a flattop or floated heavy barrel.Your going to pay alot more for a 204 upper than a 223.You should look over at AR15.com there is alot of info over there.Regardless of what you decide to do,you wont get one cheap.Good luck

Fuzz