• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Back to being a member

Started by studabaka, March 10, 2008, 08:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studabaka

I mentioned this in another thread, but thought I should post it in it's own.

I have decided to return to just being a member. It was interesting to get a view of board dynamics from a Mods perspective. I appreciate that Jim thought enough of me to ask me and I am glad I accepted and was able to help out when he asked. Having had the chance to experience both I enjoy just being one of the members more, though I return to it with a much better appreciation of those that do moderate. I never did figure out what some of those buttons were for  :nono:

I don't view how I participate to really change all that much. I'll probably still drive Al nuts with my spin on battle tactics    :biggrin: and still post a bunch of dumb questions looking for help and advice......  :wo: Even though I'll not get another turn with the company vet and Jim refuses to prorate my next bonus check there are a couple of perks to membership which work well for me, not the least of which is that I get to give HaMeR, cb223, silencer, semp, and others a run for their money on the turkey contest....and now that I think about it  :wo: we got ole Semp competing with one arm tied down  :yoyo:

Anyway, see ya'll on the board..... pretty much like I always see ya on the board  :biggrin:

Oh...Jim, before I give the keys to the vet to Jerry, I need you to fix the spell check. For some reason it don't know Ya'll  :rolleye: It would be good if ya [I see ya got this one] could fix that before the band starts up and we start passing the cake and the accolades start flowing and  :puke:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

DirtyDog

Stu.......thatnks for being there when we needed ya. I look forward to chatting with ya more about trapping, as you know I am gonna need all the help I can get.

Bopeye

Stu,
  I hate to see ya handing over your keys to the back room. I have nothing but respect for you and have enjoyed your company at the LBL.
I certainly hope that any differences of opinions we may experience didn't have any bearing on this. I knew you would always do what's right the way you see it and that is comforting in rough times. I would still welcome you anytime at my table which is something I only do with friends or family.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Bills Custom Calls

Bop when you are at the table is there any room for anyone else  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Just joking with ya Bop

Stu Thanks for being there when needed

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

cb223

Thanks for stepping up when it was needed Stu  :yoyo:

Now that you are gunnin for me, I will have to up my game for the turkey contest  :biggrin:
CHAD

HaMeR

You made a fine Mod Stu!!

FWIW-- I never took any of your posts as "opinions of this board".  I've always taken them as they were written. Honest & with experience & of your own opinion.  :wink:  I have seen where this happens on other boards. But I have never read that into any posts on here by the Mods or Jim.  :wink:

I haven't known you very long but I feel like we've been Friends & turkey hunting partners for a long time.  I look forward to finishing 3rd to your daughter & yourself in the turkey contest this year!!  :eyebrow:  But remember this,, it'll be a hard fought victory for the Studabakas!!  :wink:

As for the keys to the vet,, I hope you don't have a pet their right now if you're handing them over to Jerry up here in Ohio!!  :roflmao: :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Dang Stu, there was that BOGUS, I mean BONUS check that Jim will be cutting at the end of the week.   :laugh2:

It has been fun working with you as a mod and I will try not to lock your posts.   :doh2:

Jerry

FinsnFur

:roflmao: Stu...I sincerely appreciate the time you have given us.
We dont have to change the locks cause the doors dont have em. I'll prorate your bonus check and we'll get ya fixed up. :yoyo:

Thanks again Bud.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Jim,

You said I could have all the bonus that was scheduled for Stu.   :sad3:

Jerry

Bopeye

That just sux Hawk.............you want me to call him?  :nono: :laf:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: And he just did!  :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

studabaka

Bop, My view is that you and I are good and you are always welcome at my table and campfire  ;yes; Our opinions may not be the same all the way down the list, but I'm thinking that more are then aren't and discussing where we are different or just being different is not a bad thing.

You, Chet, Rich and others still owe me a stand or two at LBL, so you may want to hold off on that comment about enjoying my company there till we get that taken care of  :puke: It may take a few years to get them stands taken care of as a fundemental piece of my hunting time there has become a tradition of getting after them with Reggie and I plan on keeping that going for as long as he puts up with me. Net is ya'll are going to have to make space around the fire there for a long time to come...... The good news is I won't fight you, Rich, and James [maybe others?] for control of the mason jar  :puke:

Handing over the keys to the back room really ain't no biggie.....now handing over the keys to the vet....that's a bit harder  :biggrin:

Joe, your welcome to anything I know. It ain't much and what I got I got from others, but some of what I got from them seems to work reasonably well  :wink:

Bill, Thanks..... though Jim can atest that he spent more time trying to explain the buttons to me than he saved by bringing me on.

Chad, you better bring your 'A' game cause I've been trained by the best  ;yes; and I got a couple weeks to work on my camera skills/manual so I can actually get a winning pic of the bird with me in it  :doh2:

Yerry, you keep them boys in line. I ain't worried about my posts being locked by you cause I know you got that same confusion I had on them buttons. ....now if ya move it I'll know ya meant to lock it or send me a message about it and I'll worry a bit  :roflmao: I figure I'll just keep moding from the cheap seats like the rest of the boys  :wo: wait, they're all cheap seats  :eyebrownod:

Jim, you know it was my pleasure and the real fact is you have given me way way more in tanning tips, so the scale still has a bit of balancing to be done.  :bowingsmilie: ..... Don't listen to Yerry, you got it right sending that check my way  :roflmao: don't answer the phone....it's just Bop  :holdon:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

coyotehunter_1

Stu, my friend...

It has been a real pleasure working with you.  :highclap:

I'm still holding you to that LBL hunt, BTW  :wink:

May the coyotes come running, the turkeys wear long beards and the fish be fat and sassy  :wink:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

possumal

Stu, thanks for your input.  You are a good dude in my book. Hope you enjoy your life back in the civilian ranks!  :biggrin:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Frogman

Thanks stu!!  Nice meeting you at LBL.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

5 SHOTS

:confused: Wow we have moderators here? And locked threads? I guess I hadn't noticed. I knew we had an administrator, but not mods or locked threads, at least not as many as that other site, it seemed like every time I read something it was locked or deleted before I got to it.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

FinsnFur

I dont think there's even a half a dozen threads that have been locked here.
Not counting the threads that have been moved. When someone posts a new topic in the wrong forum, we move it to the right forum, and the previous footprint is locked automatically. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

studabaka

You didn't notice cause of how good we is...er...was..er....is & was  ;yes;

Like we've been saying Jim.... ya need to double them bonus checks and add another vet to the fleet  :readthis: