• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

This one is for you Stu

Started by Roundman, March 18, 2008, 11:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

A woman down the road was having problems with coyote killing her sheep. I tried to call the area four or five times with no luck. They would show up mid day kill the sheep and be gone for a day or two. The area was hard to call because of the land is wide open and nobody else would give me permission to hunt the area around the fields. I think the dogs would enter the property in the early hours of the mourning and den up. The farmer would then get up, turn the sheep loose and go to work. The coyote would then move out of the den, kill the lamb and return to the creek banks.

This was to be  my first attempt at trapping coyote. After calling Stu and picking his brain a little, I set my traps. I also had to read the trapping regs, and boy was that a job.  :confused:

Thanks to Stu now I have a new hobby.
And thanks to the lbl skinning lesson that Jimmy gave me I now have a nice hide in the freezer. Thanks Jimmy!

studabaka

Well that didn't take you long Mike  :congrats: Bet your farmer is impressed and happy  :biggrin: Trapping is not only a lot of fun, but it's also a great tool in the ADC kit bag.

As part of a long term strategy, your farmer should look at closing up those crawl under spots as much as possible.

Congrats!!
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

DirtyDog

Nice work Mike.......I am thinkin about settin a few out.  :highclap:

Rprince

Silencer

nice looking coyote, sure has a perty face to it  :congrats:

FinsnFur

Sweeeeeeeeet!
I sure wish I had time to take some trapping up
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

That is awesome!!!  :congrats:

I want to learn how to trap coyotes.........anyone close willing to teach me?  :confused:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

alscalls

Good job! :congrats:
Quote from: Bopeye on March 19, 2008, 05:46:49 PM

I want to learn how to trap coyotes.........anyone close willing to teach me?  :confused:
Come on up and I'll tell you about it while callin ya a gobbler.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

DirtyDog

Quote from: Bopeye on March 19, 2008, 05:46:49 PM

We'll learn together Bop.....I have 3 traps ready to go. I am just concerned with catching cats, foxes, coons and smilies. Hmmm, I think I need to start a new thread.  :confused: