• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Coyote Snaring Pics

Started by pitw, April 24, 2008, 08:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

If I do this right here they are. :confused:

Well got them done now don't know what I hit in the middle there.

I say what I think not think what I say.

LORDDAL

some really nice pics you got and it was really nice of you all to take that ole yote out sleigh riding  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

Bills Custom Calls

Great Pics ya got there!!!  Thanks for posting them

Looks like the youngens really enjoyed themselves
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

pitw

O.K. wher is the delete button for the post.  I hit send somehow before I was done and couldn't find it.

Bills Custom Calls

Holy Shit !!!!!! that looks like a pretty good season
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Wow...nice pics.
You guys got some beautiful pale colored coyotes. Nicely furred too. Where'd you say you were at again?

One of them looks like a wolf he's got such a large head and big ears.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

cb223

Looks like you had a good season! Nice pics.
CHAD

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

pitw

I'm from Alberta I had a lot of fun catching those critters.  Being out with my boys is priceless. Too bad they are not worth anything. I fgure it cost me about $10 a coyote by the time it was done. :wo:  Thanks for the kind words.  ;yes;

keekee

Great pic's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very nice looking fur!

Brent

bushmaster

"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

Rprince

vvarmitr

DANG!  :shck:

That's an awesome harvest & you have your boys to do it w/ too.  :biggrin:

KySongDog

Nice pics!  I'd say ya wrote the book on "How To Do Snaring"!!  :congrats:

Good lookin' kids ya got too!

Semp

pitw

I could hardly clame tha t I wrote the book as this was my first year of hanging necklaces seriously.  I have too many farmers asking me to get rid of their coyotes so I didn't have time to just set traps that were going to be froze in anyway.  The boys had a lot of fun and I think learned something as The older one caught 2 in his own snare sets.

ErictheRed

Do you have any pictures of the snare set up prior to catching?  I would love to see some.  I get how you can set for a fence crossing, but the others set, don't seem as easy.

pitw

No I'm sorry I didn't take before pics.  :shrug:   I will take some this year.  Up here in the snow they are relatively easy to set for as they follow there old tracks even in just a couple inches of snow.  I like to walk around a bush and look for a spot that has 3 or more tracks heading in to the bush and then walk in the bush find where they all join up and set that trail.  The less I have to use guiding sticks the better I like it but guide sticks certainly have their place.

ErictheRed

How would you do it if you didn't have any snow?

pitw

I do it much the same.  Walk the edges of fields where I can see tracks[summer fallow, light land and trailcrossins] .  Find the trail theyr'e using and set it.  Up here waterholes attract coyotes before the snow flies as they need a drink so I pay particlar attention around them.  Trail sets on known trails are good every year and I'm sure more than one of you has put a trap back where you caught them last year.  So keep a log book to know where these places are from year to year, UNLESS you have a really good memory like mine :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:.