• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My 338 Edge

Started by tipmover, June 28, 2008, 01:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tipmover

Thought you guy's might enjoy a look at my 338. I've posted it on another forum or two, hope not to bore you :biggrin:
It's a 338/300 Remington Ultra Magnum or 338 Edge.
Rifle spec's
Rem 700 trued action
28" Lilja barrel-Sendero taper
Custom muzzle break
H-S Precision stock
Tuned factory trigger set @ 2lb.
Wyatt Magazine box
Near Mfg base
Luepold Mark IV rings
Zeiss 4.5-14 x 50 scope
Harris swivel Bi-pod with pod-lock

Here's how it shoot's. First is a 3 shot group @ 100 yards. A little under .5" outside to outside.

Here's is the first group I put on paper out a little ways. 3-shot group @ 452 yards. Touch under 2" outside to outside.

The last photo I'm shooting 975 yards across this canyon at a rock about 24" x 24". Easy first round hits :biggrin:

cb223

NICE!!! That's a serious tool you got there!!!!

Was is it's intended use?
CHAD

tipmover

Long range deer, elk, antelope and bear .

Silencer

Nice rifle, never really seen any long rangers. 

vvarmitr

What kinda loads do you have worked up for that?  :eyebrow:

That's a sweet looking rig ya got there!
Thanks so much for sharing! V.V.

FOsteology

That's one bad azz AT&T rifle!  :wink:

FinsnFur

Very nice :yoyo:
You didnt tell us you were a sniper :sneer:

I bought a Harris Bipod once that supposedly swiveled.  :nono: Did they change something or are they still simply calling it swivel?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

tipmover

Quote from: vvarmitr on June 28, 2008, 05:57:36 PM
What kinda loads do you have worked up for that?  :eyebrow:

I use 300 RUM cases. Neck them up to .338.  I'm shooting 300 gr Sierra Match King's with 94.5 gr of H-1000 powder. Velocity is 2857 fps. This load has single digit E.S. on my chrony.
Pretty tame load, but very consistant and accurate.

tipmover

Quote from: FinsnFur on June 28, 2008, 07:43:04 PM

I bought a Harris Bipod once that supposedly swiveled.  :nono: Did they change something or are they still simply calling it swivel?

Jim, They call it a swivel model, but it more or less cants to one side or the other. It's main feature is being able to level the rifle in shooting position versis pivoting for running shots,ect. When shooting distance, it's important to have the scope perfectly level. My scope is set up with external target turrets that do all the elevation adjustments. When shooting this way, you want to make sure the scope is tracking perfectly up and down compared to pulling the bullet off to one side or the other.

tipmover

In this photo you can see the bore level .

vvarmitr

Hey Tip: Where'd you get that shell carrier on your gun stock?  I like!  :eyebrow:

vvarmitr

Thanks Tip! :thumb2:
I'll be getting that next pay for my CDM (Coyote Disater Master) only it'll be black.  :wink:
I bought a Beartooth Comb Raising Kit for it yesterday.  Good idea & it gets my head up where it should be, but it's brown w/ no shell loops* which I like. So I'm thinking if I get the Stock Pack like yours except in black & put the raising pads under it from Beartooth I'll have the best of both worlds.  :biggrin:   We'll see? :shrug:  

*Beartooth Comb Raising Kits also come in black & 9 different camos, plus ammo loops are an option.
www.beartoothproducts.com

FinsnFur

Makes sense, mine cantered too...I just couldn't get the mobility I expected when having a coyote come in from an unsuspected direction.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

LORDDAL

:bowingsmilie: wow now thats one sweet setup  :bowingsmilie: if only I had playtoys like that why i am still shooting offhanded really nice weapon though just gave me yet another gun to add to the wish list
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

bushmaster

Now THAT is a weapon!!! :biggrin:
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.