• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Canoe Trip Photos - Part 2

Started by coyote101, July 24, 2008, 04:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

Here are a few more pictures from the trip to Quetico.

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Man I'll bet that lake holds some monster Pike. You guys dont really care for em up there do ya?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 24, 2008, 04:53:39 PM
Man I'll bet that lake holds some monster Pike. You guys dont really care for em up there do ya?

Jim,

The first lake we stayed on was mostly smallmouth. We stayed there for four days and caught a ton of them. You couldn't help but catch fish. We crossed a small lake coming out that was all largemouth. We were only on  it for a few minutes and still caught three while paddling across. The two were only seperated by a couple hundred yards. On the last one we caught smallmouth, and a couple of walleye. I hooked into a good pike, about three feet, but I was too much of a nancy to grab him with my bare hand, and lost him trying to put my glove on while holding him half out of the water. I did manage to land one pike. You'll have to look close to see him in the picture.

Pat

Baby pike
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Quote from: coyote101 on July 24, 2008, 07:01:20 PM

You'll have to look close to see him in the picture.

LOL! That's good stuff.

Yeah they can be nasty, I usually try to grab them by the throat, right below the gills if I can.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

I took a net with me; just the net without a frame. I thought I'd just make a frame when I got there. I never did of course. I was catching smallmouth and didn't need one. The day after I lost the big pike, the weather was pretty bad with high winds. I spent alot of time in camp because the fishing wasn't too good and the paddling was tough. So I finally made the frame for the net. A day late and a dollar short. I ended up giving it to the kid who picked us up for the trip out.

Pat

NRA Life Member

bootmud

Amazing photos!  Looks like heaven on earth to me. :bowingsmilie:

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

Hawks Feather

Pat,

I just got back and wanted you to know that both pictures part 1 and part 2 look really good and brought back some good memories of fishing in Canada MANY years ago.

Thanks,

Jerry

iahntr

Very nice pics !  :congrats:
I was already gettin kinda stoked to head up to Canada in about a month,
these pics get me goin even a little more.  :biggrin:
Thanks for sharin em with us
    Scott
Scott

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls