• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Labor Day Gyp!...(Not for the faint of heart!)

Started by WldWldWest, September 02, 2008, 10:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WldWldWest

Well...The Yotehntr owe's me a debt of grattitude! We were hunting yesterday in the 110 degree heat (Felt like it anyway) and on our second set...It almost got ugly! The way we were set up the Yotehntr was behind me about 15yd's or so with his back to me calling and this little Gyp came in hard and out for blood! heading right to him and he didnt know she was in the world! So being the world is more interesting with the Yotehntr in it I decided to spare him! From where I was sitting I had to fall on my back to shoot around a deadfall and when it was all over she was a whopping 11yd's away!

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Frogman

Wow!
Sounds like an excitng stand.  Good shooting.  Good to see you got out.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

CCP

Good job and Thanks for saving Yotehntr I still haven't got a call from him yet :biggrin:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Yotehntr

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao: Saved my life huh? I'm just glad you had the gun, something tells me if you had a cam corder they'd be watching a funniest video right now. Seriously though great shooting Doug! where he shot this yote the visability was about 12-15 yds'  we were each watching a couple trails, they just dont always come from where we expect em to.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

FinsnFur

He saved your Yotehntr, dont laugh .  :laf:

I think your right, that would be some nice footage.
Good job by the WldWldWest, thank for sharing the story.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Deads dead & if you can make fun of your hunting partner a little bit thats just an added bouns!!  :roflmao:  Nice looking coyote & Congrats to the both of you.  :congrats: :congrats:  Thanks for sharing too.  :wink:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Excellent job and great story.  Do you just see hair in the scope and shoot. :confused:
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

Good story and pics!  You boys get 'em in CLOSE!    :highclap:

vvarmitr

Boy if that coyote had gotten to Brad & started gnawin on his face to get to the rabbit ... well lets just say Brad's rough enough looking now as it is.  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: WldWldWest on September 02, 2008, 10:07:32 PM
I decided to spare him!

Now did you really shoot to SPARE him or to SCARE him?  I am thinking that you figured that if you scared the heck out of him that you could get out of the 110 degree temps.

Jerry

P.S.  Nice shot.

Bopeye

That would have been awesome. Next time let the coyote get a little closer....  :nono:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

WldWldWest

Lucky for Brad...I forgot my phone had video!!! NAAaah, I couldnt do em that away Then I wouldnt have anybody to call for me!

All joking aside...The Boy can call, I'll give him that. I'm ashamed to even carry my call's when he's around! And on Occassion he might even build a nice call!!!

I think he might even hunt a little more If he could just get outa bed! :hahaha:

Enjoyed huntin with ya Brad!
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!