• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

My first turned antler. Added second call

Started by John_NY, November 04, 2008, 01:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_NY

I have made alot of antler calls but this is the first time I turned one on the lathe. I just got in some antlers today and thought I'd give turning one a try.

John

Here is my antlers I got today.

My first turned antler in distress.
front

back. lots of dark marrow showing here.

the bell.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

alscalls

Real NNNNNNNNice  John!!! I LLLLove that one!  :bowingsmilie:
Our antlers dont get that big unless thier hanging on a wall somewhere.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

John_NY

Thanks AL . I got these antlers from a guy in Missouri. This time I will start looking for more right away. It took months to find this batch.  :doh2: 

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

FinsnFur

Boy each pic makes it look like a different call. :huh:

Nice work John
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

As you know I'm a buyer not maker and I like the look's of that piece of antler.  If you need someone to test it out send it up.
Barry
I say what I think not think what I say.

John_NY

This one is heading back to Missouri to the guy I bought the antlers from.  I hope he likes it.

John

John_NY

This is my second one on the lathe. It's a closed reed this time. It is kinda small but it was made from a brow tine.  I didn't hit the marrow on this one so it is really nice and white, kinda looks like ivory in person.

John

alscalls

WOW That is one of my favorites for sure........... :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

John_NY

Thanks Al. I don't know why but it looks bigger in  the picture than it is. I used the 12 ga. shell for size compairison but it still lokks bigger in the picture to me than it really is. I was hoping I wouldn't hit marrow. I like the ivory look.

John

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

John_NY

no, This one I think is going down from N.Y.  :laf: I'm pretty sure this one is going to Florida.

John