• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Cooler is Better

Started by FinsnFur, November 19, 2008, 10:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Remember the nice editing computer I built a couple years ago? :eyebrownod:

I pull the sides off her and take it out to the shop and blow it all out once a month.
This last time as I was holding the fan blades in places so they dont spin 100,000 rpms from the air pressure, I think I bent the shaft on my CPU cooler.

Boy did that redden my arse, when I brought her back in and put all the harnesses to her and she had a mild hum vibration. :argh:

I opened her up and touched the center of each fan as they spun to find out which one went whacko on me, and it was indeed the CPU cooler. Not good. :nono:

I decided to upgrade the cooler while I was at it. And I just about, damn near, almost, over did it.  :huh:

The old fan (clickable images) located on the mother board.

Here she is one her way out. (clickable image)

The new over sized, variable speed, bad boy headin in. (clickable image)

Here she is resting firmly in her nest (clickable images)
Look how close it is to the graphics card right below it, compared to the old one. She BARELY went in there.

Light outs! (clickable image)

Hey I had to have something to do while the server was down. :shrug: Good timing uh?

The only bad thing now, is with the fan on high, which is 2000 rpms, it draws air so hard that every time Kristees cat walks by the tower I have to peel him off the side of the case. :innocentwhistle:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Hey I loved the story and the pic's are way cool :bowingsmilie:.  I'm also glad you know what you're talking about as the site has a mite better chance with you running it than me :shrug:.   Thank's i think i learned something.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Silencer

Nice  :yoyo:  That big fan sould do ya justice.  All them lights its begining to look like my brothers rig  :congrats: