• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Meat hunting again

Started by KySongDog, November 22, 2008, 01:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Finally got a chance to go gun deer hunting.  The modern firearm season came in Nov 8 in KY and goes out tomorrow.  I've been working on my house for two months because of IKE and just could not get away.

Anyways, I decided I was going to take the first thing brown I could find.  So here's the story.   I saw these does about a mile away so I checked the wind and slipped within 1000 yards and then low crawled on my belly for 400 yards before taking a 600 yard off hand shot.

Actually,  I was in my tree stand and these two does and a fawn walked by about 50 yards out.  So boom, boom, I got meat!   :eyebrownod:

The sign says "FnF 11/22/08"  but doesn't show up too good in the photo.

coyote101

Way to go Semp!  :yoyo: :yoyo: Its about time you got away from the house fixing thing for a while. Congratulations.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

slagmaker

Cool job. Thats meat in the freezer!! Only got another week to the IN season and I have yet to see a deer closer than 400 yards. Still trying though.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

possumal

Good deal, Semp!  You're a rascal for leading us astray with all that crawlin' on the belly story. Enjoy your venison.  :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

pitw

Excellent story and I'd have stuck to it  :innocentwhistle:  Hope you enjoy the meat and sound's like you enjoyed the time off. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

:roflmao: Thats just the Marine in him Al. :eyebrow:

Nice job Semp. So?...Venison for Thanksgiving? :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

Good shootin Semp!!  Our WV gun season begins this Monday.  I plan to be out there.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Hawks Feather

Semp,

We all know that the first version is REALLY the truth and that you just made up the later so that we would not feel inferior.  Looks like your freezer will have some good eating in it very soon.

Jerry

alscalls

I love animals..........they taste great! ...........WTG Semp, Glad you got out. :congrats:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

weedwalker

I think one of those "It was me or them" fighting stories would've been better. :biggrin: Good job anyway Semp.  :congrats: You'll have some good eatin for a while. :yoyo:

iahntr

Scott