• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Thanksgiving eve coyotes

Started by BigB, November 26, 2008, 07:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigB

I met my brother at my parents house this afternoon, wanting to get home early enough so we could make a stand for some coyotes before dark.  I arrived with about an hour left before dark.  I quickly changed clothes, and my brother, father, and my wife walked over to where we were going to start calling.  As we crested the top of the hill, my brother spotted a coyote down the fenceline at the bottom of the ditch staring at us.  And then he spotted another coyote about a hundred yards up the diitch laying down.  As we got our stuff together, they trotted half way up the hill.  Then they stopped, and we both fired at each one.  After the shots, they started trotting away, and we fired again.  One went down and the other kept running away.  Then we notice another one milling around at the bottom of the ditch.  And my brother dropped him,  good night Irene.  When it was all said and done, we think that there were 4 coyotes hanging around our honey hole.

Here is where we were at when we saw the coyotes:

Here's the coyotes we took.

Thanks for looking.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

coyote101

Nice job Brian. Looks like a good day.  :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

Super pic's and love the story.  I like the way you save on the call.
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

Good night Irene  :laf:

Sounds lie you two got a heck of a honey hole going on. :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

BigB

Our honey hole is only a 1/4 mile from our parents house.   :biggrin:  We only get to hunt it when my brother and I are home, which is usually around Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It produces about 90% of the time we hunt it.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

iahntr

Scott

yucca

Great shooting guy's. Thanks for sharing.

possumal

Short and sweet is hard to beat. Congrats to you guys.  :highclap: :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

slagmaker

Excellent job!! thats the way to do it..
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

vvarmitr

WTG Guys!

That was nice of your brother to let you pose w/ one of the coyotes.  ;yes;
:laf: