• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Govt won't let me buy a gun

Started by Bills Custom Calls, November 27, 2006, 02:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bills Custom Calls

:madd:Can anyone tell me how to find out what the Govt has on me. I have bought guns in the past new and used. I have no arrest no drugs no Dui .I go to buy a 410 shotgun and i am put on a delay. Oops now wait a minute I am a pretty good person that must be it lol
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

nailbender

They probably just took the day off.  Gov. favorite words are,  Please hold and Pay at this window.

THO Game Calls

There are many reasons for having a firearms purchase delayed.  The computers could have been down or in a maitenance mode.  They chould have been backlogged, someone with the same name or a SSN close to yours could have popped up - there are any number of reason. 

Unless you are actually denied, I don't think they will tell you why. 

By law, they have 72 hours I think it is, to either clear your purchase or deny it.  If they do not come back within 72 hours, the gun shop can, by law, transfer the gun to you.  Some will, some wont, but by law, they can. 

If you get denied, there is an actual appeal process you can go throgh to find out why and perhaps get it cleared up.  Just don't plan on it being a short process.

I know it hurts to have to wait, but there is nothing you can do about it now but wait. 

Hang in there and let us know the outcome.  If you get denied, perhaps some here can help with the appeal process.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Bills Custom Calls

Hey the store called monday around 8 pm told me to come pick up my gunthey couldn't tell me why the delay but i am good to go nowthaks folks for your input

Hawks Feather

I helped out in a gun store for years and there is no rhyme or usually reason for the delays.  There were times when they would say that their computers were down and during that time every sale was a delay.  At other times I think the computer program didn't cross check all items very well.  We had one customer who was a Sgt. on the city police department that got a delay EVERY time he bought a gun.  After the second or third time of getting a delay he started checking it out from the PD.  He found that there was a druggie low-life that had the same name, including middle name, and a birthdate within a year of his, that lived about 40 miles away.  Ticked him off that he was getting a delay based on his name and the other guy's arrest record.

Jerry

ohiobob

i can vouch that bnccont is a good guy,,so he shouldn't have been delayed for that,,,i seen you finally got the OK on your gun Bill,,,good deal and did you go pick it up?

Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Bills Custom Calls

No I didn't go get  I was still mad about the whole tihing all it was a single shot 410 I will buy one sometime though because I still wont one
Thank ya'all for your input