• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Dang It!!!

Started by Coulter, May 16, 2009, 10:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

Well Turkey hunting was poor again today and I just couldn't get into the spirit of chasing birds this morning, so I decided to do a little bit of scouting instead. I saw a big nest overlooking a swamp and thought I saw movement in it. I pulled over to the side of the road and grabbed the binoculars to confirm and saw nothing. I scanned the area a bit more and saw two black spots about 500 yards away. I examined them through the thickening foliage and quickly dismissed the thought that they were crows. The shape just wasn't right. I kept glassing them and they finally moved...It was two bear cubs sitting in the tree. Unfortunately while I was changing lenses on my camera another vehicle pulled up next to me and asked how I was doing :doh2: I foolishly pointed my finding out to the son and daughter and let them use my binoculars for a moment. We started talking calls and I realized my chance for a picture was going to disappear quickly. We finally ended the conversation and I grabbed my camera...I was able to squeeze off one shot of one of the bears...as soon as I tried to locate the other bear in the lens they both disappeared. I suppose I was happy (and very lucky) to just to be able to see the two bears. I waited around a bit in the hopes that they might climb back up the tree, but it wasn't happening.

This is the one and only shot I managed to get. The second bear was just to the right of this one on the limb that is arched. The picture was taken with a 300mm lens. You could just barely see the spots through all of the foliage at the distance I was at. The binoculars worked great for identification :wink:

coyote101

Sweet! We don't have bears around here, and I have never seen one in the wild. Thanks for the picture.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Steve you should have just walked right in there and took ya a nice pic. :eyebrownod:

That'd be a pretty sweet find actually. I'd be doing my looking from afar too. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com