• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Hard-Core Fishing This Past Weekend *Pics Added*

Started by Hidehunter, April 28, 2009, 11:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

I got a phone call at work Friday afternoon and its my buddy asking if I want to go Striper fishing in Tennessee on Sunday.  I had work to do at the house but of course I said yes.  He was to leave work at 9:00pm Saturday night and we were going to drive down, sleep a couple hours in the truck and cast the line in at daylight.

At 1:00am he was finally able to leave work and we headed to TN with no sleep at all.  We got lost but was were we thought we needed to be just a few minutes past daylight.  We put the boat in the water and took off.  It seemed nothing was biting but then had a hit on a Shad-Rap and I realed in a nice Rainbow trout.  I didnt buy a trout stamp because I never dreamed of catching trout going after the stripers.  My buddy caught a real nice one after that.  At about 11:30 we realized we were in the wrong location when we hadnt even caught a smallmouth only trout.  So we headed back to the truck.

At 2:30 we found where we were supposed to be and put the boat in the water.  Things started picking up when we were pulling in Largemouth left and right.  Then a channel Cat (On a broken back minnow).  The stripers started hitting but we never caught any worth bragging about.  Had a REAL nice one hooked but it got off.  We took a throw net and caught a pile of shad for bait.

The biggest fish was a 15lb carp caught with a 5 inch Rapala.  I've never heard of anybody catching a carp on a rapala until this one but it swalled it  and was not snared.  He brought it in on 6lb Trout SOS Monofilamint line ( A good fight).

We left TN at 10:30 and I got home and in bed at 4:30 and got up at 6:00 and went to work.  I learned I need more than an hour and a half of sleep in 3 days.  I should have called in and went Turkey Hunting anyway  :biggrin:  I left my camera in my buddies truck so as soon as I get it I'll post pics.

Denver                                           

Todd Rahm

That sounds a lot like Alaska fishing except it still day light here at those hours.  :biggrin: Did ya get any pics?

alscalls

I look forward to the picks........ :yoyo: :yoyo: Sounds like a GREAT time! :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Hidehunter

Denver                                           

Todd Rahm

Nice fish Hide, and that is a heck of a carp to get on on a Rap.  :congrats:

The woolly mammoth with the his shirt off is scary though.  :laugh2:

FinsnFur

Wow, that was a heck of a variety :yoyo:

"pullin in large mouth left and right"  :doh2:  rub it in rub it in :nono:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal