• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Some fish pics from the North Bay Give-Away...

Started by Coulter, May 25, 2009, 03:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

We never actually weighed or measured that fish. It was estimated to go 13 pounds and the length is approximately 27" as it hangs on my wall. Lake Ontario Browns are very stout fish with large girths. They grow 'em like footballs up there. I believe the head is a replica as well and the skin is over a foam form.

The taxidermist I use surely knows what he is doing. He is not just a guy trying to make a job out of a hobby...this is his livelihood. His reputation, as well as future business, relies on the quality of work he puts out. His wife is also a taxidermist. They have both won numerous state and national awards for there mounts. He actually has 5 ducks of mine in his shop that he is working on as well. I could have my taxidermy work done cheaper elsewhere, but you get what you pay for and I know what I am getting when I utilize his services.

We also get Lake Erie browns that migrate up the streams with the steelhead in the spring and fall. They aren't like footballs around here, but they have some weight and length to 'em. Al can likely vouch for that. A 7.5 pounder is a darn nice brown especially if it spent its whole life in a stream.

golfertrout

this guy done my 42 inch muskie and it looked ok but the girth was not right. and the girth on my brown was not right but he cant redo the girth. not a happy customer :madd: this will be the last time i take anything to him