• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

2nd PPHA predator expo rundown

Started by bigben, July 12, 2009, 08:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

well predator expo number two is in the books.  this year was a shocker 17 yr old duffman is the ppha state calling competition and will be going to the worlds this spring to represent pa.   :yoyo: the look on duffs face told the whole story.  you could tell it really meant alot to him.  he actually showed up that morning and was not going to call.  he did not have any calls and local callmaker bootmud of kettle creek calls gave him what he needed.  duff never even used them calls till the competition.  for someone to just pick up a set of calls and beat the best pa has to offer is saying something.  he beat #2 at the worlds last year also.  this young man really earned it.  the seminars went great.  meeting byron again was alltogether pretty cool.  special thanks to the dillons for allowing the use of their facility and the hospitality they showed was just awesome.  pete haur is also a great guy to hang with.  attendance was up this year.  the weather cooperated this year.  it was a little warm but no where near as hot as last year.  once some of the pics go up I will be posting them up then. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

bigben

friday night at jp edwards. 
from right to left. earl fairmen(foxpro51), chad walk(mc walk), mike dillon, byron south, abner(foxpros videographer) I am sitting down in the red shirt.  not sure who the guy is turned around

calling contestants listening to the rules and drawing the sounds.

byron south.

vendor area

the duffman and his father.  duff is in the black shirt.

the calling contestants
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

Looks like a nice little shindig.
I see the the little fellers even had something to carry home :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

yep we had a youth seminar and a junior calling contest also.

Silencer

I havent talked to Duff in ages, I'll have to shoot him a e-mail or something to congradulate him.

He looks proud as a peacock, I've heard him call he's perty dern good.

bigben

that pic of him and his dad was before the comp.  he is just one of those guys that just likes to hunt and is very humble.  just the kind we need getting into this sport.  you could just tell by his emotions that he was beside himself and to quote him "was a dream come true"  it really meant a lot to him. 

HaMeR

That's not fair!!! That fella has a lot more lungs than I do!!  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Just a little ribbin to the young man.  :biggrin:  Congratulations to him & everybody that competed.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

Looked like a good time, and congrats to the duffman.  :congrats: :congrats:
Scott

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls