• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Logans day at LBL

Started by LBLDOG, August 17, 2009, 03:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBLDOG

Here is some pics of the Ice storm damage on the North end Of LBL. My oldest son of mine Logan(8yrs) and I took these pics yesterday hiking  of the aftermath of the ice storm. Logan also got see some yote and turkey tracks and we even walked up and flushed 2 hens, he thought that was cool!!
[/img]

coyotehunter_1

Hey LBLDOG...
Good to hear you got over there for a look see but sadly your pics ain't showing up for me?

?? [/img][/img] ??
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

HuntnCarve

I'm not getting the pictures either?  It's great that you're taking the boy out and introducing him to the things alot of folks take for granted.  I spent an afternoon a couple of years back with my friends young son on a squirrel hunt.  I'd be walking through the woods checking the tree tops, only to look back, and he'd be kneeling down 20 yards back peering into a chipmunk hole.  " Do you think there's a chipmunk in there?"  Or the cry of a flicker would light up his eyes.."What's that!"  It's amazing what we adults tune out, that is a source of wonderment to a kid.  My hats off to you!

LBLDOG

maybe it worked this time ,2nd time I have ever posted a pic, Sorry  This is some of the aftermath of LBL ice storm.

LBLDOG

got the pic to work see my other post sorry guys, Im a greenhorn at posting 2nd time I have ever done it. I promise I will get better just PLEASE bear with me!! :roflmao:

FinsnFur

I merged the two topics together LBLDog.
Yeah I bet there's quite a bit of that stuff down there. How did it look overall?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Its ok LBL we're used to guys from you parts being a lil slow'r then most.  :innocentwhistle:

(Todd runs for the door as the mob pursues.)

Its cool to have the boy out at that age, as I'm getting to experience it too. I made the kid point out every track he saw, tell me what he thought it was, and what he thought they were doing. Its kinda fun to pass on what ya know.  :wink:

coyotehunter_1

What a mess!!! Sure looks like the ice storm made some really good habitat for those big KY/TN rattle tails and copper heads. After it frosts a few times the leaves will be on the ground which makes it even worse, the snakes will still be moving about on sunny days.  I'm glad we will be there in Feb. :whew:

You all be careful !!!
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Frogman

Man??  I was afraid of that.  Those woods were so nice and open when I was there for the last LBL hunt.  Are the haul roads cleared at all??  Thanks for the photo.  Now that you know how maybe you can post up a few more!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

LBLDOG

Frogman a lot of the fire roads I have been on are clear but lots of trees down in the woods and makes for a long walk around some! I will be posting more pics soon!

weedwalker

Sounds like I might be using the shotgun more than the rifle at this years hunt. :wo:

KySongDog

I should have taken some pics while squirrel hunting last Sunday.  I think I said in my squirrel hunt post it was a jungle.   The woods are very thick at ground level.  Lots of weeds and cover have grown up due to increased sunlight.  Very hard to see at ground level and even harder to walk around in it.

Hawks Feather

It is a good thing that Logan is young and likes to climb because it sure looks like you would need to do a lot of climbing to get very far there.  (Jerry looks at his knee as it starts to swell just from looking at the picture.)

Jerry

Jimmie in Ky

Guy's there are some places that look a lot worse than that. It will definantely be shotgun season. But look on the bright side. They can't see us as well either  :wink: Jimmie

LBLDOG

That was the easy pics of the mess and yes there is worse. I think like Jimmy said perfect  cover for a set , one on one side and one on the other side of the tree .