• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Google Maps ? [lots of them]

Started by pitw, November 01, 2009, 09:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Hi guys I'm trying to learn how you do this sharing of maps.

I think this number takes you to my home quarter   52.440525,-110.532761  on google maps. 
How do you save the picture to draw lines or other things to show others your setups?
Is ther some place else with airial photos?
Delete this post if I'm to stupid to teach :doh2:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Tikaani

Barry.
To get satellite photos download Google Earth.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Tikaani

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

FinsnFur

There's a couple different ways to do it Barry.
One is you can use the "print screen"  (PrtScn) button on your keyboard, which will copy whatever is on your screen at the time you press it.
It copies it to what is called a clipboard, you cant see it right away, but it's internally copied.

Then you open up an image editing program of some kind, and either create a new file by clicking "file" and then "new" from the file menu in the upper left corner, or if your software automatically creates a new file upon execution like windows paint, then you just click the "edit" button which is right next to the "file" button and choose "paste" from the menu that appears.
This will paste the contents of your clipboard into the file and it may be drawn on from there.

Another way is to download a screen capture program. There's a lot of free ones out there but watch what you get because these ride piggy back in your browser and they love to embed malware into them which is why they are free.

What is malware? Software which intentionally damages a computer or causes inconvenience to the user, whether for commercial, criminal or destructive purposes. Examples of malware include viruses, spyware and adware.

I use Fireshot Screen capture, which is a Firefox addon and I love it.

What is Firefox? Firefox is an alternative browser to Internet Explorer. Firefox is a small and easy to use open source browser that has many advantages over Internet Explorer.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com