• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Something interesting...

Started by centerfire_223, November 21, 2009, 06:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

centerfire_223

I got a little time this morning to go out and make a couple of stands. So i head over to a farm that I have called up and shot about 5 coyotes on over the last couple of years. We actually talked about stand placement on this farm a long time ago on here. I have a picture I will put at the end of the post to explain what I am about to talk about.

I had something brought back up again in my coyote memory bank, I am talking about sound and how far it travels. I setup my first stand called it out and had no takers. Moved about 250 yards across a pasture and setup again. I like to call my way into a place, instead of walking through it and maybe bumping out a coyote.

This second stand, I was calling a narrow strip of woods about 250 yards long and about 100 yards wide. It is mostly open hardwoods, with little small trees and some underbrush. Visiblity is about 75 yards or so. My goal was to call the big thicket at the end of this strip of woods, but like I said I didn't want to bump out a coyote that happened to be in the hardwoods. So I use my quietest call, and make a quick stand. After about 10 or so minutes I call it quits and head out to the next stand, which is about 250 yards away. I setup and start calling, after about 15 seconds I have a coyote running MACH 4, headed right towards me from behind. He came in from the way I just walked, only difference was I walked along the edge of the pasture. The time between stands was about 10 - 15 minutes. Either the coyote was headed to my previous stand or he had not heard the sound and was feeding in the hardwoods.

This coyote came in so hard he ran right past me and about 10 feet from me. I stopped him at 15 yards, he stopped behind a tree with only his head sticking around it, looking at me. I had no choice but give him a face full of 4 buck at 15 yards. That buckshot leaves heck of a mark. Here is a picture of what I am talking about. Anyone have anything like that happen to them?
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

CCP

Ronnie I have had a few coming after I stood up and was walking out but aint never had them follow me to the next setup. :laf:

Seems like he was coming and once you moved and he heard no more sound he lost you and probably kinda hung out. Once he heard the sound again and it had moved he hauled butt your way. Looks like a dang good place to coyote hunt.

You still blow-in the crackpipe??
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

centerfire_223

Quote from: CCP on November 21, 2009, 09:54:15 PM

You still blow-in the crackpipe??

You got that right!!!! That is the one that called this one up. Once coyotes get a taste of it they come running!!!!!   :biggrin: :biggrin:
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

SCcoyotehunter

How are you posting the pictures from google earth?  I would like to learn how to do this.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com