• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Winter caribou hunt

Started by Tikaani, December 05, 2009, 08:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Quote from: Hawks Feather on December 07, 2009, 05:40:27 PM
Congrats on filling the freezer.  You mentioned that the days are getting shorter.  How much daylight do you have now?

Jerry

Hey that's MY question.  Get your own.   :noway:

Quote from: Semp on December 07, 2009, 06:25:25 AM
How many hours of daylight do you get this time of year?

Just kiddin' ya, Jerry.   :eyebrownod:   I think I heard that its about 4 hours this time of year but I don't know for sure.  :shrug:

Bopeye

John told me the other night that it was something like 9:30 a.m. to about 4:00 p.m.........I think that's what he said.  :confused:
I do know he said the days are still getting shorter and they are losing about 8 minutes each day. Talk about trying to get use to your days and nights there.  :whew:

It would still be cool though.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Tikaani

Sorry for the late response guys, today sunrise here was at 10:34 and the sunset at 2:48 so figure about 4 hours of sunlight and remember the sun is on the horizon not overhead and about an hour of gray light on each end. Bops is right we will lose about 7-8 minutes of sunlight a day until the solstice.  At that tme we will start gaining daylight until the sun barely sets in June during the summer solstice.  If you hunt in the winter time is your enemy.

Hunt hard, Die tired
John

JohnP, depending on what Game Management Area you choose to hunt you are allowed up to 5 caribou, 3 black bears, 1 moose, 1 grizzly, 1 Dall sheep and assorted other small game, lynx, wolves, coyotes etc. per year.  There are also registration hunts, and lotteries you can apply every year as determined by F&G
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Hawks Feather

John,

I may send my wife up there for the winter.  She wants to go to sleep as soon as it gets dark and doesn't want to get up till after the sun has been up for at least an hour.  She won't need much room, just a small bed and you will hardly know that she is there.    :iroll: 

Jerry

golfertrout

:roflmao: :roflmao:@hawks feather

FOsteology

I like that "white stuff" all over the ground! Looks like you're well on your way to stocking up your lader for the winter.