• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Coyote adventure

Started by HaMeR, January 05, 2010, 04:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaMeR

It sure wasn't a shooting adventure.  :nono:  

I parked at the bottom of the hill about 1/2 mile from this area. A long uphill walk thru 6-7" of powdery snow took a good 30 minutes to get there. There was ice under the snow from the 4 wheelers & the walking was difficult at times. Damn slick at other times. I set the e-caller {name withheld as I'm not on a Pro Staff  :innocentwhistle: } on the backside of the little log pile in the center of the pic. I faced it toward the trail leading up the hill so the sound would possibly be divided into both hollows. I had a steady L to R breeze at about 45* blowing back the way I came in. I sat up on the hill about 30" above the afore mentioned unnamed e-caller. 5 minutes of quiet time then 6 minutes of a high pitched screaming rabbit. 5 minutes of quiet time & another 5 minutes of Lightning Jack. 5 minutes quiet again then I used Fem Invitation followed 2 minutes later by Pup Distress. Waited another 10 minutes in silence & headed out. Went to my next spot but the wind had me real bad there so I walked back to the truck & I came home since the roads were becoming covered again & my next farm was 40 minutes away. Looks like Thursday before I get back out again.

View out over e-caller from my position. I was about 25-30' above the caller.

You can see where I went up & down the bank to my position. I fell hard on that trip. Face 1st into the snow bank. Luckily there wasn't any rocks under the snow as I stopped just short of biting frozen earth. My glasses were full of snow & so was my scope.  :laf:

Zoomed in view of the log pile.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

weedwalker

Looks like a great place for a stand Glen. :yoyo: A pic of the snow in your face woulda been good too. :eyebrownod:

linemansteve

I would have liked to see that also Weed.  :laf: My only question is will that 204 shoot that far?? :innocentwhistle: Looks like a good spot HaMeR, I was out Saturday here made 5 good stands and came up empty. :confused:
No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

HaMeR

:nono: No pics of me!! I can't afford a new camera!!  :laf:

It'll make it that far Steve.  :wink:  It was downhill!! :laf: :laf:

That is a good place to call from. I was there just after Thanksgiving with no takers. They will lay up on either side of there. The left hollow goes down about 250-300 yards. The right side,, I aint walking that far!!  :nono: :nono:  That's a haul down over there.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

Looks like fun Glen. :yoyo: :yoyo: We're supposed to get some snow tomorrow night. I hope it stays aroound for a few days, I'd really like to see some bloody snow.  :eyebrow:
Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

Me too Pat!! Now they say it's gonna snow from this evening thru Friday night or Saturday AM again here.  :yoyo: :yoyo:  I might have to go bust a doe for the desired snow effects.  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

weedwalker

Quote from: coyote101 on January 05, 2010, 08:13:29 PMI'd really like to see some bloody snow. 

Me too Pat. All I've been seeing latley is yellow snow. :iroll:

iahntr

Looks good Glen. I know what ya mean about walkin through the snow.
You all can have some of this crap ! We've had like a couple feet already in the last month or so,
for the last week or so it's barely made it above zero. Monday I was thinkin I'd get done early enough
to get out and do a little deer huntin yet. So Monday mornin comes and it's a balmy -24 degrees out,
it warmed all the way up to -7 by the time I went out though  :eyebrownod:. We got a few more
inches today, supposed to get a few more tonight and the winds are supposed to pick up for a nice
blizzard tomorrow.  :doh2:  :madd:  :puke:
Scott