• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Scouted this area today, lookin good~

Started by SCcoyotehunter, December 27, 2009, 01:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCcoyotehunter

I got a call last night that a neighbor heard the coyotes on this place raising some caine last night. So I took a little 4 wheeler ride today to scout it out. This is my favorite place because I have killed three coyotes here, including my first.
yellow- fencelines
red cirlce- is the pond dam where there are several fresh tracks and scat today.
blue dots- represent the three places where I have shot coyotes in this field.
orange dots are my stand locations.
The fence line in the middle of the pasture going across left to right is at the crest of a long slow tapering hill.
I will be hunting here sometime this week, but not until Wed at least. My son is having his tonsils removed tomorrow so I will be tied up for a few days. Now, I just need to wait for the right wind and go.

slagmaker

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

pitw

Good luck with this one.  Wish I could get pictures like that to look at up here.  I think you know the field well enough seeing as you already took 3 coyotes out of it. :wink:
I say what I think not think what I say.

SCcoyotehunter

Jimmie in Ky

Just go to google earth maps and and click on airials. You can click on any spot on the globe and look at it. Jimmie

pitw

The resolution in my area looks nothing like that  :confused:

HaMeR

use 44663 as the zip code in the search bar Barry. That's where those pens come from.  :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:  Check out our terrain.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

That's a lot of sand there HaMeR but I'd starting to understand some other posts now :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

Some rural areas dont get the real good resolution. I dont know if it's from the satellites position or some government conspiracy.
This is about the best capture i can get off of Google Earth close to you Barry.
Recognize it?

Sorry about the hiJack fastenal :laf:

click image to enlarge
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

That's pretty good Jim  :bowingsmilie:.  If you go about 250yds east of the silver riding arena and make a stand I'll about guaranty a coyote.
Where in "M" did you find that?
 This hijacking won't bring a plane down either :shrug:.

FinsnFur

Found it through Google Earth which your probably confusing with Google Maps.

Google Earth is a program that you download and run, verses visiting a web site like Google Maps.
You can virtually visit any area on the globe, and actually some places in space. Highly advanced stuff and very fun to tinker with.
You start out looking at the planet earth floating in space. Most populated areas you can zoom down close enough to where the view planes out and looks as though your standing in the middle of the road.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on December 28, 2009, 02:29:48 PM
  which your probably confusing 

I find it totally disconcerting that you would think anything on a computer could confuse me :shrug:

Thanks for the help Jim.  Sorry about the jacking.  The old house across the road from the silver arena to the east was moved there by my father and his friends with 4 W4 tractors in '49.  My grandparents lived there until '58. :biggrin:

HaMeR

:roflmao: :roflmao:  I guess that didn't pan out too well!!   :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

SCcoyotehunter