• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Thinking of plains states coyote hunting trip??

Started by Frogman, December 19, 2009, 10:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

A friend and I are considering a coyote hunting trip to the plains states.  ND, SD, MO, IA, NB, OK etc.  Do we have any members in these areas?  I'm looking for some info about a good place to go.  Also hoping to hook up with someone to hunt with us and at least get us started.  All suggestions welcome!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

pitw

Jim as you know I can't help with this particular hunt but some ideas I'd share would be.  Go on these areas hunting boards and make a friend or two.  Offer to trade hunts with them or some other type swap.  I know my hunter host practices have paid off hugely for me.  I get to see things in a different area with a local person as my unpaid guide[did you know people working for free will always be better than the paid employees] and friend.   A tourist never gets to see the real places they go but a friend sees things that others only wish for.  Doubt this helps much but it is fun talking.
I say what I think not think what I say.

5 SHOTS

I would be happy to show you around eastern Montana. (If Montana was on your list) If you do end up in western North Dakota or eastern Montana, (in case you get lost :roflmao: ) give me a shout.  :fingerx:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Jimmie in Ky

If I were able to do such a hunt it would be wyoming. Plenty of public ground, no liscensce required, and plenty of dogs. Jimmie

iahntr

Well Jim, I be from Iowa,  :biggrin:  I'd love to meet up with ya,
but unfortunately I can't help ya out much with ground to hunt on.
I don't really have a lot of ground to hunt on, and most of it is
leased by a group of us, so unfortunately we can't take other people out on it.
Sorry. If ya do end up comin through let me know. 
Scott

topdawg

i have a buddy that lives in Wyoming, i was thinking about heading up there next year,  i could probably use an extra set of eyes if you wanted to go... will be staying at his house...cheaper than a motel
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

KySongDog

Quote from: topdawg on December 27, 2009, 11:43:07 AM
i have a buddy that lives in Wyoming, i was thinking about heading up there next year,  i could probably use an extra set of eyes if you wanted to go... will be staying at his house...cheaper than a motel

Hey topdawg, let's talk about this at the LBL hunt in Feb.  Maybe we can work some thing out for a trip.  See who else might want to go. 

topdawg

i have set no dates but by the way he talks its a open invitation....not shure on public land but he said any farmer around him would let us hunt no problem
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

nailbender

golfertrout

Frogman

golfer . . .,

My hunting buddy from PA.

Just trying to find a nice place to go that would not be too long a drive.   Just kind of in the planning, thinking about it, mode right now, don't you know??  It would be great if we could hook up with some of the guys on the board, at least for a few days.  I would always be happy to have any of you guys come to WV to hunt.  I've got losts of property, both private and public, that we can hunt on near here.  Thing is, I'm not sure why anyone would want to come here to hunt coyotes, unless you just like a real challenge!   

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

golfertrout

i agree with you there Jim. maybe someday i will make it out west to hunt and fish :biggrin:

nailbender

If you come thru NW Iowa,  Give me a heads up.  Only about 40 miles off I-90 .  A few 'yotes in the neighborhood, a few cold ones in the fridge.

JohnP

Quote from: golfertrout on December 30, 2009, 01:21:59 AM
i agree with you there Jim. maybe someday i will make it out west to hunt and fish :biggrin:

I thought we had an agreement.  In five years your coming out here to call coyotes and then I'm going to Florida with ya to learn how to catch fish.  Are you backing out???
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

golfertrout

noooooooooooooooooooo im not backing out John :eyebrow:  love to come out n do some hunting  with u. and would love to have u for some fishin