• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

BigBen style

Started by AWSparrows, January 23, 2007, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AWSparrows

I made a few more calls "BigBen style" and wanted to show them off.

Tell me what you think. (honest opinions only)

BB style calls are the 5 on the right, far left is a crow call, and the 2nd from left is just something I did as I went.
They are 2" long and about 1" in diameter.

Thanks for looking

Aaron

kiyitec

I, for one, like the size.   You might have to start a whole new line! You could call #2 style there the SlimBen(SB)    WOW! That black and white is just jumping off my screen. It's an eye catcher.   I am not to hip on the chubby middle, but the more I look at them the more they grow on me.
  #2 with A more rounded or softer edge lanyard groove in the #7 wood would be my epitome of perfect.  Hey, want to talk about another custom?  I'll take A  SlimBen!  KT

"Snap into A SlimBen!"  -modified from the ol' Randy "Macho Man" Savage Slim Jim commercial  OOHHYYEAAA
"DESIGNATED SITUATIONAL CALLER"
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.

AWSparrows

Just tell me what kind of wood you want. :yoyo:

Aaron

THO Game Calls

Just a note on your crow call.

The crow inserts that we all buy, and the ones that I sell, come from the factory in a mess LOL.  They have mold marks and other imperfections on them that really take away from a nicely turned piece of wood.

If you take your crow call inserts and put the end that goes in the barrel of the call in a chuck on your lathe, then take some 180, 220, 320 and then 400 grit sand paper, you can clean them up and make them look very nice.  It will add an extra 3 minutes to your shop time.  Take a look at this insert in one of my calls and perhaps you will be able to see the difference.

This is just one of the things you can do to separate your calls from the others out there. 

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Todd Rahm

Al, your an asset to our hobby.

Aaron, I vote on number #2, in the style department, and #5 catches my eye too. Looks to be a shade slimmer.  :congrats:

kiyitec

Buckeye burl?  na! Man that stuff is $$$  I will take one like I was talking about above.   I'll get home after work about midnite and shoot ya a pm.  KT
"DESIGNATED SITUATIONAL CALLER"
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.

AWSparrows

Al,
Thanks for the tip, I'll do that if I make anymore.

Todd,
Thanks. Yeah thats Lacewood and it is a little smaller in diameter.

kiyitec,
I'll watch for your PM.
Thanks