• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Checkered moose antler open reed

Started by BigB, February 12, 2010, 11:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigB

I think I finally got a feel for the checkering tools.  Checkering takes a long time, and I have 18 hours of work into this call.  It was fun to work on this call, but nerve racking as well.  I've been wanting to try a raised panel call, and I learned a lot on this call.

Raised panel checkered moose antler barrel, with a moose antler toneobard as well.

I'm not going to checker another moose antler call.  The moose antler really dulls the checkering cutters in a hurry.  :rolleye:

Thanks for looking.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Todd Rahm

Ditto on what I have already said about this call.  ;yes;

pitw

Wow you are a master at the trade  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:.  Unbelievable what you guys can do :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Huntinfool

Wow Awesome lookin' call BigB!  :yoyo:  :highclap:  :congrats:

~HF~
Yesterday is Wood
Tomorrow is Ashes
Only Today Does the
Fire Burn Brightly

Romans 8:28

Montani Semper Liberi --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛÎ'Î'Ε

alscalls

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!  and WOW!!!!!   BEAUTIFUL CALL!!!!   :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

armyturner

That is a sharp call. You will make the duck call builders envious with that one.

HuntnCarve

That is Beautiful Brian!  Well done!

Dave

coyote101

Stunning!  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: Absolutlely beautiful Brian. You are the man.  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

That is a really nice looking call and all the hours of work show.

Jerry

Yotehntr

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

iahntr

Very nice lookin call Brian !
Yep, you should be real proud of that one !
Scott

FOsteology

That looks fantastic! Alot of hours went into it no doubt.

Ech Hunter

sprucegoose2010

There are very few calls that really stand out...  This is one of them!  Nice work.

GunDog

QuoteThere are very few calls that really stand out...  This is one of them!  Nice work.
X2

What a fine looking call ... true craftmanship at it's best! Congrats ...  :congrats: