• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Arizona CCW Soon To Change!

Started by JohnP, April 09, 2010, 11:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Today, Senate Bill 1108 passed the Arizona State House by a vote of 36 to 19 with five absent votes. The bill now moves to Governor Jan Brewer's (R) desk for her consideration. As of now, the effective date for this bill has yet to be determined.

Under Arizona law it is generally legal to carry a firearm openly as long as you are 18 years of age and not prohibited from possessing a firearm.  However, if the firearm becomes covered, say with a coat, or if you are a woman and prefer to carry your firearm in your purse, you need to possess a concealed carry permit.  The intent of this legislation is to give people the greatest possible freedom to choose the best method of carry for them.  SB 1108 would generally allow law-abiding persons to carry a concealed firearm for self-defense without a permit.

Arizona's constitution, Article 2, Section 26 clearly states that "The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the state shall not be impaired."  The intention of this language could not be clearer.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

pitw

That would be so nice.  Good luck on the passing of the Bill, John.  We can buy a handgun to basically look at legally :argh:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

weedwalker

I think Concealed Carry permits should be good across all state lines the same as a drivers liscense.

Hawks Feather

That is the right way to go, but I don't think too many states will follow because they make money issuing permits.  Ohio charges $55 or at least they did when I renewed.

Jerry

KySongDog

I was very happy when Kentucky passed its concealed deadly weapon law.  They made me legal at long last.    :biggrin:

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

No permit required to carry concealed in KY?

My wife always wondered why I never got a concealed permit.  I told her that if I felt I needed to carry concealed I would, law be damned.   When we lived in DC and went out at night I always had my 1911 with me.  A few years ago I had to go to SanFrancisco, took my friend with me there also. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

KySongDog

Quote from: JohnP on April 09, 2010, 09:55:05 PM
No permit required to carry concealed in KY?

My wife always wondered why I never got a concealed permit.  I told her that if I felt I needed to carry concealed I would, law be damned.   When we lived in DC and went out at night I always had my 1911 with me.  A few years ago I had to go to SanFrancisco, took my friend with me there also. 

KY passed a Concealed Deadly Weapons law several years ago which allows one to carry concealed a gun, blackjack, slapjack, brass knuckles, knife, baton, etc.   

FozzyBear

Quote from: weedwalker on April 09, 2010, 02:38:22 PM
I think Concealed Carry permits should be good across all state lines the same as a drivers liscense.
:yoyo: