• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Post your kids sports pictures

Started by Roundman, June 03, 2009, 08:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

QuoteI love that jersey in the second pic.
So you guys do get green grass once in a while uh?

Yeah summer time in Alaska is beautiful for sure, no questions about it. Shoot Jimbo, I think I mow my lawn twice a week during the summer.  :confused:

The jersey in pic 1 and 2 are the same, and that first pic so far is my all time favorite of him.  :biggrin:

Footballer too Silencer? You got quite the lil athlete there. Wheres the clear footbal pics Dad?  :innocentwhistle:

Silencer

got a few more of what's been keeping us busy running around now...

my boy Nick

warm ups

some more warming up

anyone got boys in hockey out there ?   WISH there was H.S. hockey here !!!!!!  pretty much the only winter sport around is basketball and volleyball wich really arent winter sports but they hold them in the winter  :doh2: :shrug:

Todd Rahm

Shoot man its expensive to play comp soccer, I don't think I could handle forking out the cash if Wyatt wanted to play hockey.  :nono:

What grade level of basketball does your son play at?

Silencer

7th & 8th grade Jr. High School ball.   He's getting better, but still says he's a baseball type guy  :biggrin:

the reason I asked about HS hockey, I'd seen it on tv where they showed  a couple HS teams from Minn.  live, looked awesome !!! 
When I was a kid we played at the swamp on the edge of town and some of them boys could skate well.  I dont see the kids doing that anymore. 

Todd Rahm

Ok, Yeah Wyatts in the 6th this year. He wanted to play Basketball but we couldn't commit to anything else because of all the soccer he is doing.

I got a guy I work with and his kids are in high school and both play full time comp and high school hocky and it cost him on averagee about $1000 a month. Thats for all there team fees, ice fees, equipment, and some travel.  :sad3: :sick2: But he sees it like we do, keep them busy and pay for it now and ya wan't have to pay for it later.

pitw

Hockey may be the Canadian sport but I won't take the boys to it.  The town we are close to has so many idiots in it that take it so serious the kids are not allowed to have fun.  Then there is the travel, some of the games are 8 hours away and I just don't see the sense in sitting in a vehicle for 16 hours just to spend 1 hour on the ice.  Curling, basketball, volley ball and hunting are better options for me.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Todd Rahm

Curling lol.  :roflmao: Theres a cheap sport to get in to, but I have to admit its fun to watch.

Frogman

Some fine looking sportsmen there guys!1

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Silencer

DevonD finally got on the court, think this is the only game they will be playing this year.  No worries, baseball just around the corner.  Jr. High started indoor practice/conditioning yesterday and I have a little league meeting friday night to get things set. 

pitw

Cool Vic.  The boys are bothering me about putting a new hoop up on the cement pad.  Glad to see your young fellers are so diversified :wink:

Silencer

Here's a few from Jr. High ball today, just around 37 degree out there.  Them boys were freezing !!

playin the hot corner

on deck

spittin seeds

pitw

I bet they wish they could play with two ball gloves on in them temps eh.  Looking good :highclap:

HaMeR

The Lad looks like a ball player.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Silencer

nice pic Jim  :yoyo:

DD at the high school cage

Devon D dealin' the ball.

Roundman

I've been real busy with work and softball, but the rain has put a damper on things for a couple of days. I figured I'd post a couple pics of my u14 softball team. We have taken 1st place for the regular season with a 9-1 record with only two games left. The tournaments start this weekend. Any of the four teams could take the number one spot. I hope the girls can keep their heads on straight. The one thing I've learned from coaching girls sports is....you will never know what is going through a 13 or 14 year old girls head.

Silencer

Good lookin team with a great record to go with it.  I think the next best thing to hunting is ball.  I coach LL myself too.  We just started and are 0-1, but I dont care about winning as much as I do about them learning.  My boy went 4 innings and only gave up 3 runs before he hit his pitch count limit.  Made me proud, our team is very young 9 and under playing against kids 10 & 11 years old.
Final score was 9-6, we started coming back late in the game but just couldnt pull it off. 

Good job on the coaching  :yoyo:   :congrats:   

Tell the girls congrats and to Git R Done in the tourneys !!!!