• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

How to enjoy fishing without fish.

Started by pitw, July 30, 2010, 04:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

As some of you know I recently took the family on a vacation that involved the use of a house boat.  I'll now attempt a story including pics for your visual entertainment. :wink:.  Any questions will have to wait until I'm through with the presentation :argh:.  It all started with us getting them kayak's for us to play in and getting them to the lake was a breeze and I want to thank you all for your considered replies and help :innocentwhistle:.  

And then 8 hours on this road :innocentwhistle:.

We found this home away from home.

With this as a spare.

The boys helped load the boat and then got onto more pressing matters.

Interesting part of the captains instructions was that we were told the captains words were law :biggrin:.

The family thought that was down right  :laugh2: :laugh2:.  I managed to prove to both boys that walking between me and the outside of the boat at any point was just plain  :doh2:.  Then [I wish I had a pic of this one] Mandy in her most "I'm cool and don't you all forget it" way showed us how to get in a kayak[loads of experience] and promptly flipped it necessitating the rest of the family to  :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: ;yes; that got us a full bouquet of  :finger: ;yes;.  

The captains chair.

He liked this chair better :innocentwhistle:

Had one up top too :shrug:.

The loft where Dogdropper hid a lot. :wink:.

Watching for reef's :doh2:.

Reef

More reef.[or grief]

Some of the best fishing I've ever enjoyed but the catching was a mite slim.

I have no idea where the trout, pike, pickerel and the rest of the big game wish were but I sure didn't hurt their population none :sad:.

Things flew around the boat. as the first vid shows.

Now the Dropper was another story :iroll:.  He was a tiny bit unsure of jumping off a perfectly good boat into a 120' of 25F water :innocentwhistle:.

After the first one it was a breeze though and we spent many hours listening to things go splat on the water.

The kayaks were great and useful too.  The boys would use them to check out our landing spots[which are solid rock] before pulling in and would be ready to catch the mooring lines that were cast to them.

Bob even had a dead well to bring in supper.

That the boy's had to clean ;yes;.

Then there were the things we know nothing about. :doh2:

This guy got to play a lot.

This unit got a used a lot and I would suggest to anyone who wants to shoot someone with it that they shoot themselves in the hand first so they know how it feels :wink:[Hurts like a damb and leaves a mark :wink: :wink:].

Evenings were fun too.

Donny even found a water slide not in any park.

And he didn't always like a wood fire to cook over.

Worst part of the trip was the rough water. :argh:

I say what I think not think what I say.

weedwalker

Nice pics Barry. Looks like y'all had a great time. :yoyo:

FinsnFur

That all looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad I got to go (virtually) :eyebrownod:

Things flew all around the boat :alscalls:
I wish someone would have got a video of another someone walking between you and the outside edge of the boat. :innocentwhistle: :laf:

Yep, look like a dang nice way to spend a couple days, that for sure :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Sure looks like a good time to me.

Jerry

iahntr

Very cool Barry !  :yoyo: Looks like a lot of fun.
Thanks a lot for takin the time to share it with us.
Think I'd like to do that some day.
         :highclap:                   :congrats:
Scott

KySongDog

House boat trips are loads of fun.  Glad you guys had a good time.  Great pics!   :congrats:

Dave

Great pics and story!  Really enjoyed it.  What a great way to spend time with the family.

WldWldWest

Now that my friend is a VACATION!!! What a great way to spend time with the Family!

Usually when I go fishing I dont take any bait cause it interferes with my beer drinking! :eyebrownod:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

JohnP

That sure does look relaxing, just what I needed.  Thanks for all the great pictures.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

CCP

Barry that sure looks like FUN!!!  :highclap: :highclap:

Wish I could go back in time and spend more time like that with my kids. :sad:

What kind of fish is that you holding there between your fingers??

I just got to ask did your boat flip over when Bob?/Donnie? hit the water so close to you?? Or is that just the camera angle?? :biggrin:

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Hawks Feather

The fish looks like a perch.  I think that you use that size for bait for pike.  Triple that size and you have a nice couple of bites of filet.

Jerry

Carolina Coyote

Good Story Barry, Glad you guys had a good time,looks like you had plenty of room to roam around on the lake without interference . cc

George Ackley

I managed to prove to both boys that walking between me and the outside of the boat at any point was just plain

SWEET :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

HaMeR

Yeah those Canadian vacations are very relaxing & rewarding in many different ways. I can't wait to get back up there again some day.  :biggrin:

Looks like the Barry clan had it all figured out for the week. Glad you all got away & had so much fun Barry!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11