• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

New Direction

Started by JohnP, August 12, 2010, 05:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Think I'll spend more time this year calling cats, both bobcats and mountain lion and let the coyotes walk.  It's been awhile since I called and killed a lion and the bobcats have really been playing havoc with the small game population, so the coyotes may get a free ride this year.  When I mentioned this to my wife she just smiled and said "yeah, when was the last time you passed up a shot at a coyote?"
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Bills Custom Calls

Either way John I will be waiting on the pics and stories

Good Luck
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

weedwalker

I don't know John, that would probably be just about as hard as quitting smoking. :nono:
I wonder if they got a patch for that?  :wo:  :laf:

pitw

I'll give odds on this one  :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Yotehntr

:alscalls:  They already used all the good ones! ... Good luck with that for sure John!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

FinsnFur

Quote from: weedwalker on August 12, 2010, 06:00:41 PM
I wonder if they got a patch for that?  :wo:  :laf:

:laf: :laf:
I can see it now.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

buckshot

Here is how it would be . Is it time for coyote Rehab. I cant wait till the next session  :biggrin:

KySongDog

I sure would not want to be a cat in Arizona this year.   :eyebrownod:

clubmkred

Quote from: Semp on August 13, 2010, 06:53:38 PM
I sure would not want to be a cat in Arizona this year.   :eyebrownod:

I wouldn't want to be a coyote either, just in case.

Carolina Coyote

Takeum both out Mr John, they will always be more. cc

Okanagan

Wish I could come down and learn from you.  Look out cats!

JohnP

Your more than welcome to come on down, we'll put ya up and even feed ya but I ain't sure you going to learn anything!  In all the years that I been calling for lions (30+) I have only called in five and of that five I only killed one.  I have had most of my success behind my friends dogs and only partial success hunting over a lion killed cow and/or deer.  A rancher friend always calls when he finds a lion kill but I can only hunt over it for a day as he can't afford to have a stock killer on the ranch.  I have taken three lions that way.  Once while calling in the flats, cactus, mesquite and cat claw for coyotes I had one come in.  It turned out to be a young tom who probably was looking to establish his own territory.  I have often regretted killing him. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

vvarmitr

Quote from: JohnP on August 17, 2010, 06:46:17 PM
I have often regretted killing him. 
Me & a few ranchers and then a couple of Desert Bighorns & quite a few deer thank you!  :biggrin:

Calling in & killing a Mt Lion would just be the zenith to predator hunting to me.
I wish you the best of hunting & look forward to any & all stories about it.  :eyebrow: