• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

What an airhead?

Started by Carolina Coyote, August 19, 2010, 06:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina Coyote

Can someone explain to me how these airheads get elected?

Sent:  Thu, August 19, 2010 5:08:31 AM
Subject: FW: One more idiot in the US Congress !

Poster-child for what is wrong in Washington , DC

You will simply not believe this.  Our 8th District US Congressional representative, the Hon. Gabrielle Giffords, in a member of the House Armed Services Committee, asked General David Petraeus the following question: "General Petraeus, what are you doing to reduce carbon emissions in the war on terror?" Wow.  I had to read, and re-read this several times to believe it. Folks, there are American sons and daughters dying every week on the foreign battlefields of southwest Asia . The nation is completely bankrupt and ... quite literally, borrowing 43 cents for every dollar in federal spending.  We have the largest environmental disaster in the nation's history in the Gulf of Mexico , and we have Mexican drug armies invading our nation.  And yet ...A member of Congress from Arizona 's 8th congressional district took the time to ask our battlefield commander what he is doing to curb carbon emissions in the war. Gabrielle Giffords is the poster-child for what is wrong with the US Congress. We are being led by imbeciles. To the rest of America reading this blog, and to Gen. Petraeus if this e-mail makes it to your inbox ... my sincerest apologies for the stupid question asked of you by my US congressional representative. General ... I am sure you have better things to worry about than carbon emissions on the battlefield.  I assure you, as a registered voter in Arizona 's 8th congressional district, I will do everything I can to ensure Rep. Giffords is voted out of office in November, and I pray you'll get back to business of fighting the war on terror without worrying about such petty and nonsensical matters as your carbon footprint in the war.

Mark Beres, Maj. USAF (ret.)
                Tucson, Arizona

FYI:  The 8th District surrounds Tucson to the north, south and east ( Tucson is in the 7th District) and covers the south-east corner of AZ.

What Google says about Rep. Giffords:

Representative Gabrielle Giffords (D-Az) took Afghan Commander, General David Petraeus, to task for what she characterized as "willful disregard of the environmental impact of our war effort." "There is no policy, no plan to minimize carbon emissions in our military activities," Giffords charged. "Bombs are dropped and bullets are fired without considering the environmental impact." Giffords insisted that she was "not demanding an immediate halt to current military operations in the Middle East . I'm just saying that battle plans should include an environmental impact assessment as a regular part of the process before attacks are launched."

She also suggested that the Army "put more emphasis on less environmentally damaging methods, like stabbing or clubbing enemy forces in order to minimize the carbon output."

New Rules of Engagement:
                I think we ought to put her on the front lines so she can stab or club the enemy. God help us if this is the type of idiots that are elected to office. Walk softly and carry a big knife or big stick to save the environment.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Roundman

:rolleye: :rolleye: I have a hard time watching the news anymore. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel better after NOT turning on the national news. The oil spill went from "the world is ending" now it's "where did the oil go". The major media outlets make a story out of nothing. The country would come out of this downturn much faster if nobody turned on the evening news.

Jeb

Quote from: Roundman on August 19, 2010, 08:51:55 PM
:rolleye: :rolleye: I have a hard time watching the news anymore. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel better after NOT turning on the national news. The oil spill went from "the world is ending" now it's "where did the oil go". The major media outlets make a story out of nothing. The country would come out of this downturn much faster if nobody turned on the evening news.

LOL well put Roundman !!!  :highclap:

Carolina Coyote

Well the news ain't purdy but to stick your head in the sand and ignore it will only make it worse, I think that is one of the main problems we have today is people not staying current on what is going on in this country and who they vote for,
Quote from: FinsnFur on August 19, 2010, 08:18:59 PM
Airheads vote for em  :shrug: :laf:
I certainly don't think what this women did is one bit funny and no way should she be in a position to make any rational decisions about this country.  :readthis:  :noway: cc

JohnP

As an Arizona citizen I am embarrassed to say she is our district Representative.  Can ya believe she is married to an Air Force Colonel????
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Carolina Coyote

Mr John, Sound like you don't approve of her and maybe the word can get around so that the fine folks of Arizona can elect someone with at least a little bit of common sense.  :bowingsmilie: cc

JohnP

When she ran last time the wife and I worked our butts off trying to get her defeated.  We worked the phone lines, hung signs, drove people to the polls, you name it we did it.  She had a Town Hall gathering down here a few weeks back,she got run off the stage when she made the following statement:  " No illegal is receiving free medical care."  I invited her to spend the night at our house and we could visit the ER about midnight.  The problem getting her kicked out of office is that District 8 also includes Tucson, a bastion of left wing nut jobs, mostly displaced Kalifornians.  She has little to no support in the rural areas. 

I been trying to find out when she made that statement but can't seem to find it.  I have a request in to the Arizona Daily Star (we call it the Red Star) for verification.  If they can verify it I'll make copies and about a week or so before the general election I'll hang them all over town.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

vvarmitr

People like that make me think I should run for office.  :wo:
What a friggen Fruit Loop!  :madd:

Roundman

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on August 25, 2010, 12:40:06 PM
Well the news ain't purdy but to stick your head in the sand and ignore it will only make it worse,
I'm not talking about sticking our heads in the sand. What I'm getting at is the fact that the media goes waaaay over the top on almost every story. They used the words "egg crisis" the other day.  :nono: One of the top stories on the  Comcast site shows a house burning to the ground with a caption "Housing market MIGHT collapse". They use this stuff and it makes people want to crawl into a hole.