• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Cocobolo & Ebony

Started by Hawks Feather, February 15, 2007, 04:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

I have been working on this call off and on for a couple of days and thought I would share it.  While it looks like a normal call in the first picture it is actually a two piece call and set up to operate like a duck call – blowing in the barrel end of the call.  The woods are Cocobolo and Ebony and the Ebony reed holder is held in place with two O-rings.  This one will probably go on my shelf, but now that I know I can make them (and that they sound good) I may make a few more.  The assembled length is five inches and the barrel is about an inch and a half at the widest point.

Thanks for looking,

Jerry

rjl54

Dang Jerry, I was thinking of doing something similar but you beat me to it.  That's a sharp looking call with good gracefull lines.  I bet it's easy to blow too. Good job!

THO Game Calls

That's pretty slick!   Cool design.   

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Custom Call Makers & Collectors Guild
Call Makers & Collectors Association of America
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

keekee

I like it Jerry! Nice design!

Brent

FinsnFur

Wow.... :eyebrow:
That is a rich lookin piece. Nice Jerry.

hey did you engrave it?...or does it just look that way in the pic?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Jerry...............I think your toying with me and damn it ya better stop it.   :argh:

You know darn well I can't see those from work, and to really jab it at me, ya throw "Cocobolo & Ebony" in the title, just knowing I'm a sucker for those two woods, especially together  :shck:

I think your trying to make me suffer through the next 3 hours until I get home.  :wink:

I'll get ya back for this buddy.   :noway:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I still love ya though Man.  :innocentwhistle:

bowjunkie

outsanding  just outstanding .... lol Todd he must be toyin with ya cuz this is one awesome call  :eyebrow: keep up the work Jerry if ya decide ta part with it I could take it off yer hands  :biggrin:

Todd Rahm

Hey thats smoker Jerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The grain in that barrel is awesome look'n.  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Arkyyoter

Hawks Feather

Thanks for all the compliments on the call.  It was a fun one to make.

Jerry

BryanStanley

Jerry
really like the design you came up with for this call. And your right it does kinda work like a duck call. Good Job buddy

Bryan

CypressSlough

Jerry that's a sweet call. I love the clean lines and the traditional styling. Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503